BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

If I ever swapped to a cruiser...

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Team Green 9R 
G
#1 ·
... the Valkyrie Rune would be the one. What a beast of a bike lol. Checking out the pictures I immediately had Terminator music playing in my head. Can't get over the look of it, would turn quite a few heads. Corners would suck, but that 1800cc engine should create a schwack of torque to bring a smile to the face.

#2 ·
One sexy looking machine.
Cool, the front forks are not in the centre of the wheel.
I really like those tail lights & turn signals.

#6 ·
The Rune is a stunning piece of machine but the machine is best when never asked to turn. It doesn't corner well. It can't :rolleyes because it's SO low to the ground and the pegs & exhaust are resultingly SO low. It starts leaving scrape-sparks 10% of the way into any leaning postion and shortly after the scrapes, the leaning side of the bike will literally 'buck' [like a bull], lifting the bike up off the pavement cuz there's just no clearance. Pity. I liked it myself until I saw all of the above first-hand and spoke with the rider-owner about it.

If you only plan to drive the #1 back and forth from Vancouver to Hope, fine :). Otherwise, yer' risking life and limb to turn at speeds any higher than 5kms. It's really a pity but che cost of developing the Rune seems to have been dedicated to style but not substance... or common sense. That's my 2kms. :thumbup
:drinkbeer

#11 ·
While the Rune is certainly a nice exersize in esthetics, It's just too damned big.The VRod is .....well a VRod.... it may appeal to some folks (sorry Squirley) I don't get it...
The Triumph reminds me of a tractor motor with wheels
My favorite would have to be the VTX1300.... :thumbup

#12 ·
#15 ·
Good old Pete said:
I would go for the warrior as well and find a replacement pipe asap.
The cannon does detract from the look I agree

#17 ·
Here's a pic of a buddies

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.