BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

bike heating up way to much

663 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  playboy 
#1 ·
when i riding in rush hour, my bike almost over heats but then the fan comes on. The temp gauge goes all the way up to the red and then the fan comes on and cools down the bike to like 3/4 up the gauge but then it will just heat up again and repeat the process. Im just worried that this might be bad to run the engine at such a high heat. What could this be?

#6 ·
Normal, nothing to worry about. Like fastfitter said, if it doesn't make the temp come down THEN worry, pull over and shut it down.

I've sometimes thought that if I commuted or got stuck a lot in traffic it would be a good idea to put in an override switch to turn on the fan when I see that it'll be needed. But in the end I don't ride in rush hour so I didn't bother.

Be aware that if you DID put in such a switch that the fan is very hard on your battery and an idling engine is not charging the battery, If you do such a mod and you don't have at least 50 % of your riding time per commute running at decent speeds then your battery charge WILL go down and will need some auxiillary charging at home to stay up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.