BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

5-0 Warning Sign

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Rioghan 
G
#1 ·
Hi all,

Let's say "Joe" is going a little faster than the speed limit going up the S2S toward Squamish on his sportbike. Coming the other direction is "Bill" also riding a sportbike. Bill has just seen a speed trap three turns behind him pointed in the other direction.

Is there a signal that "Bill" would most commonly use (or be understood by) to tell "Joe" that he is rushing towards a speed trap? I.E. how does one give or receive the message?

I am thinking maybe high beams ... but on a bike its often so hard to see. Is there a hand signal?

Thx

- Phil.

G
#6 ·
I've seen people flash high beams, make a "slow down" motion with their hand (I guess, like palms down) but I've also seen people pat the top of their helmets. So, I guess it's whatever you feel you can do as you're riding by, and hopefully your signal will be heard loud and clear, and not lost in translation!

#9 ·
I was cruising though WhiteRock on my way to Langley (the long way ;) ) and there was a speed trap in the other direction. So I did the palm down signal to the cars going that way. It seemed to have been understood because a guy in a convertable corvette nodded.

#11 ·
ok both arms waving in the air, got it, thats the one to use,, hey ,,,,,, does this mean your GF on the back has ape arms to hold the handlebars at 230k, or am i supposed to lift my feet up and place em on the bars,,,,,,,, just asking , need to ride safe, lol

G
#12 ·
coming back from penticton yesterday. Some guy on a cruiser gave me the palms down slow down so i was watching. Sure enough big huge starightaway i figured it was a good place for a speed trap and slowed down. Halfway down the straight laser trap and damn they were hidden well. had i not got a signal i'd probably still be rippen it down and have a nice fat ticket.

#13 ·
GhostFlame_zx7r said:
ok both arms waving in the air, got it, thats the one to use,, hey ,,,,,, does this mean your GF on the back has ape arms to hold the handlebars at 230k, or am i supposed to lift my feet up and place em on the bars,,,,,,,, just asking , need to ride safe, lol

Apparently i didnt think this one through.... see if you can do a quick 180 and steer with ur arse cheeks THEN wave your arms frantically.. :thumbup

lemme know how it works out, ill let u try it first ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.