BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Need help for MST practice monday night

804 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  REAPER 
#1 ·
hey,

I have my MST on tuesday morning and I was wondering if anyone would be able to meet me in the Revy/Jysk parking lot on Fraser Highway and 163ish Monday the 25th around 6:30pm and help me practice. I will bring along some stuff to use as markers for the turning and slalom and stuff. If you can, please PM me or post here. I will check in around 3pm monday.

Thanx

Matt

#3 ·
urban_biker said:
hey,

I have my MST on tuesday morning and I was wondering if anyone would be able to meet me in the Revy/Jysk parking lot on Fraser Highway and 163ish Monday the 25th around 6:30pm and help me practice. I will bring along some stuff to use as markers for the turning and slalom and stuff. If you can, please PM me or post here. I will check in around 3pm monday.

Thanx

Matt
you really don't need anyone to practice for the MST. very straightforward test. make sure you can go in a straight line at walking pace and be very good in doing u-turns (hint: when they tell you to turn your handlebar all the way to the left/right and do a half-circle, only turn your bar 3/4 full :thumbup ). slaloms aren't difficult, as long as you don't stare at the pylons...if you stare at them, you will hit them! good luck!

#4 ·
CB450 said:
you really don't need anyone to practice for the MST. very straightforward test. make sure you can go in a straight line at walking pace and be very good in doing u-turns (hint: when they tell you to turn your handlebar all the way to the left/right and do a half-circle, only turn your bar 3/4 full :thumbup ). slaloms aren't difficult, as long as you don't stare at the pylons...if you stare at them, you will hit them! good luck!
Good hint, I did the same thing.

They also give you 1.5 meters (5 feet) more than your turning radius.
Also go with an almost empty tank so the bike is lighter, will make a big difference.

Just take your time and relax. Keep your head up and look where you want to go.

After they explain what they want you to do, start when YOUR ready not when they say go.

I didnt practice at all.
I lost 3 points on mine, the first U-turn I looked down and ended up having to put down my foot. (1 point)

The other thing I lost points for was I locked the rear up on the second sudden stop. (2 points)

#5 ·
You locked up your rear tire? Damn, I did that the first time I did my mst, heavy foot in the rain. The dude called it a dangerous action and failed me. Only damn thing I did wrong too.

Nailed it the second time, and only had 1 error on my road test. Just practice pylons, uturns, figure 8s, and emergency stops. Oh, and clutch feathering.

#6 ·
Fuck, that sucks.
Yeah I did, I was still accelerating up to 30 when he dropped his arm, caught me off guard.

You had to do figure 8's?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.