954 advice
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 954 advice

Vertigo

954 advice

what are the pros and cons of the 954? any major service issues? wasnt planning on moving up in size, but new 03 954's are selling for less than 04 600rr's so i thought id look into them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    take one. you'll love it. never heard of any major issues with it and the 03 will be that much better than the first ones. good bike. great in twisties and great power all around. can be a little twitchy in the front due to its rake but if its cheaper than a 600RR then go for it. just watch out for the insurance gremlins cause it is more pricey than the 600RR for the ICBC stuff.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Bike
    your girlfriend
    the only thing i found with the 954 is it gets fokking hot in heavy traffic, they all do this, other than that the bike flies, i have no probs with mine,i would recomend a steering damper,the bike can get twitchy if you are heavy on the throttle. the bike is a litre class bike with the weight of a 600cbr..buy the fokin thing ,and welcome to the dark side

Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Buy the bike, you'll love it...trust me.

Ps
    I'm posting this reply from Viet Nam right now.Can you believe it...That 15000km+ away from Vancouver. I'll be back home by the end of June
    Roger
    Tmustang you are clear for take off

ssblade
    Pro- it's a honda
    Con- it isn't a gixxer 1000

Bike
    XR650R Sumo
    How much are they going for btw?

Go big or go home Array Madkawi's Avatar
    Bike
    YZF R1
    Good bike,fast,nice in the twisties with Michelin pilot sport tires,imo.Great brakes.I too recommend a steering damper.About 200 to 210km on a tank of fuel.Servicing is about the same as any sportbike nothing major.Definately get a aftermarket slip on.The stock muffler is way to quiet.Cagers don't hear ya.

Bike
    your girlfriend
    hey Vertigo , i'm also a member of this forum they are 954 fanatics. you will find lots more info http://1000rr.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/index.php

Registered User Array dirtbagbikerguy's Avatar
    Bike
    2010 GSX R 750
    I had a 929 but not I ride a 954..nice fast bike..a little twichy but a nice ride...BUY IT
    Hey! What ya pulling me over for..it was those guys!

Bike
    -=none=-
    you'll like it mladan! i'd do it! remember the ol' burger days??
    -gurp

Bike
    1KRR
    can't beat the litre pull
    ride to live not to die

Bike
    2002 ZX6R
    954/929 isn't as user friendly for self-repair and maintenance as a GSXR. Not sure of the swingarm is similar to the 929 but if it is you will need a special Honda rear stand (no spools). That and the 929/954 use iridium plugs which cost about 40 bucks a piece and are a bitch to replace. Steering damper is a must...not a maybe. Trust me...almost highsiding at 200+km/h is not fun.

Other than that, it is a very powerful and light bike that is tons of fun to ride.
    kwodtke@telus.blackberry.net

Ex-Team X-Trojan Member

Past Bikes: CM450E, '00 F4, '01 929, '03 GSXR1000/'03 GSXR 750(Katie's), '02 ZX6R (current)

Bike
    2006 FIREBLADE 1000

954!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have owned 12 different Bilkes and of all of them the 954 is the best I have ever owned The front end is a bit twitchy ,A steering dampner will cure that, You do not need a special rear stand for it like mentioned in the previous post, It comes with threaded bosses welded to the swingarm , Just screw on a couple of spooles and any stand will work I have a Acropivic pipe and a Power Commander on mine wich gave a better power curve, 12,000 km on it now and have had no problems!!
    The 954 uses a different plug than the 929 , and cost $22.00 a peice, little bit tricky to replace , Any one with a bit of Mechanical ability won't have a problem changeing them Buy it you won't be dissapointed!!
    Last edited by Machinist; 05-26-2004 at 08:36 AM.

Bike
    Demo Days
    They are at blow out prices because it is a discontinued model....not made anymore.

Vertigo
    Quote Originally Posted by BMR
    They are at blow out prices because it is a discontinued model....not made anymore.
    yes i know. but an extinct 03 isnt exactly old technology. i could really care less to have the newest crazy bike that will lose $6K in value by next year.