Black spots on Exhaust...how to get rid of it?

Thread: Black spots on Exhaust...how to get rid of it?

Playland Foreperson Array
    Bike
    1998 Honda CBR 600 F3

Black spots on Exhaust...how to get rid of it?

what should I use?...or what do u guys use?..

i believe this is coming from either the chain, or the tires...i'm a newb...so help me out pls..it just doesnt look silver as i first got it..its like bronze now..hehe..

-ed

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Is the bronzing around the tip area? or the canister? I think this is normal on the tip, if its what I'm thinking. Post up a pic... cuz if its what I'm thinking you cant really get rid of it, you could try to polish it with Mothers Billlet Alum polish.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Bike
    1998 Honda CBR 600 F3
    its the whole canister...i will take a pic soon...

pronounced as-wee-pay Array effenay's Avatar
    Bike
    F4
    What kind of exhaust do you have? Is it the stock ZX6-RR pipe or aftermarket? Aluminum or titanium?

Generally speaking, I've had good results with Nevr-Dull, available at Canadian Tire

Yup, bin' on a holiday... Array SkipTkt's Avatar
    Bike
    1 Honda, 1 Suzuki, 1 Yamaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by effenay
    What kind of exhaust do you have? Is it the stock ZX6-RR pipe or aftermarket? Aluminum or titanium?

Generally speaking, I've had good results with Nevr-Dull, available at Canadian Tire

Dammit, he beat me to it but I'll pretend I didn't notice . Um, I'd suggest Never Dull - get it at any Canadian Tire Store

It's not the number of breaths you take but the moments that leave you breathless.

Bike
    1998 Honda CBR 600 F3
    its a stock RR canister...

i will try this never dull...thx guys.

-ed

Bike
    05 Gixxer 1000 LE Supermoto: 07 DRZ400SM Dirt: 09 Kawasaki KX450F Monster Ed. 07 Custom Chopper
    Just a note I fould that never dull put light scratches in my polished canister and frame.... but it cleans well. So if you want to use it as a cleaner go for it, but I'd recommend Mothers BILLET polish to removed the swirls. I dont know what type of finish is on the stock canister..... maybe I should take a look at one before I comment.
    Mayor Of "Poserville"

<----- Current Avatart Is *NWS*

Kawi=Junk™, Honda=Boring™, Suzuki=Wannabes™, Yamaha=Posers™, Ducati=Overrated™, Aprilia=Insecure™, BMW=Compensation™, Harley Davidson=Garbage™, Buell=See Harley™

Greeneyes
    exhaust going from silver-ish to bronze/goldish is pretty normal on stainless steel exhaust, just normal heat discoloration. not much you can do about it.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    Bike
    Derbi
    you could try WD-40, works great for getting oil splatter off the rims and undertail
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves