Scanning pics

Thread: Scanning pics

Scanning pics

Can anyone tell me how to scan pics using a better quailty? Is the dpi settings the better quality? I tried a higher dpi and all it did was scann the picture larger.

Thanks Dafnip

Wanderer of the Wastes Array DNAspark99's Avatar
    השטן שב
    up the DPI, scan it in, scale it down, voila!

or something to that effect.
    "I dread beyond all else the growth of the petty tyranny of restrictive legislation, the transference of disciplinary authority from the judiciary to the constabulary, the abandonment of every constitutional safeguard of individual liberty."

I wish.
    What scanner are you using, and what software do you have to manipulate it?

For photos, if it's a 4x6 (regular 35mm film printed at whever), then the DPI makes a big difference as to how large the picture turns out. Which also makes a difference as to how much detail there is (important fact in the recent photos you've taken ).

75dpi is screen worthy for small pictures..

What I would do is scan them in at 600dpi, and then resize the image to something resonable (you'll notice most of the pictures I put up are at 1600x1200 pixels).

You scanner will also no doubt have some kind of 'gamma' setting where you can play with the brightness. I noticed the pictures were a little on the dark side.. this will help brighten it up a bit.

Any questions.. feel free to ask. I've done mucho scanning.
    BCSB- Administrator

i usually try to push my azz cheeks closer together... really push it on there... you'd be suprised with the quality you can get