Aprilia RSV 450 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aprilia RSV 450

Joe Rocket Joseph is on a distinguished road Joseph's Avatar
    Bike
    90 CB-1
    Quote Originally Posted by BMR
    This was designed in mind for off road use. Here's a link to an older press release.
    Well, I guess it'll feel like a motard then right?

well the pic in the first post doesn't look like an off road bike.. unless we're talking "off road" (track)

Wonder how much it'd sell for if it did... perhaps I should take out a loan

-Joseph

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    90 CB-1
    Dang it, look what you've done! now I'm drooling over aprilias! Can't stop looking... must have... argggggg *runs to bank*

-Joseph

Registered User BMR is on a distinguished road BMR's Avatar
    Bike
    Demo Days
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Well, I guess it'll feel like a motard then right?
    well the pic in the first post doesn't look like an off road bike.. unless we're talking "off road" (track) -Joseph
    Did you read the text in the link I supplied? It was from September 2003.

Here's a hint:

3 paragraphs and 7 mentions of off-road.

When the Milan show opened, Aprilia announced its entry into the off-road market with an innovative engine -- a 450cc, 77 degree v-twin, with a rev ceiling of 14,000 rpm! Below is Aprilia's press release on the engine, which apparently is in the early stages of development. No chassis has been presented to accompany the powerplant at this point.

EICMA: THE 45.V2 ENGINE, SOMETHING ABSOLUTELY NEW!
    A never seen choice, a great project. A totally new engine, thought and realized in order to open a new dimension in the off-road field. Aprilia explores the frontiers of technology with their 45.V2 engine for the world of off-road bikes, consisting of two ultracompact V-cylinders with high specific horsepower and record light weight. It was considered an impossible feat to exploit the benefits of a twin-cylinder engine in off-road races: only Aprilia could try something as brave and as innovative with such great confidence.

The passion for off-road bikes is not new to Aprilia. Its first love was in fact the off-road world and its first sporting successes were had in motocross and trial. Aprilia has always distinguished itself in these sectors through its contribution towards technological innovation. Innovation also marks Aprilia's great return to the off-road world... not a quiet return, but a return in grand style, with technology never before seen in this sector: revolutionary ideas with which Aprilia once again leads the way along the road to innovation.

Bike
    90 CB-1
    nevermind, I kinda browsed over it

I was kinda just kidding about the motard thing though!

so are they just using hte RSV 250 chassis then? Supposedly it'll fit...

-Joseph

+ Reply to Thread