what I've been up too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: what I've been up too.

Bike
    --------------------- supermoto: crf450

what I've been up too.

A whole lot of frequent lurking for those wondering. By now most of the users have probably switched over enough for people to ask who the fuck I am.

The sites too busy to keep up with these days so I just come in once in a while to see whats new.

I bought the crf end of last year to supermoto when I sold my drz. Then I saved up for supermoto parts. Getting married wiped out that fund completly. So I saved some more, then waited for a month or 2 as back ordered parts took forever to get here. Now I'm just in the process of hooking up the last few bits and I'll be on the road.

I've been working 80-90 hour weeks, and it will continue until the end of june, so I wont be able to come to any ride outs. But at least I'll get to ride it to work and back till the overtimes done.

cant wait to join the other retards on the road

-arai-

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    06 CBR600RR, 07 CRF150R
    congrats Dan! on both the bike and the wedding.
    one six two seven eight nine

Crabalocker
    Holy muthafucka, that shit's dope!

Look at the size of the front disc!

Bike
    k7 gsxr 600
    Wicked awesome!

BCSB- Moderator

Bike
    00 R6 Street 99 R6 Race
    You know . . .just wondering about this motard business. I've raced motocross for a number of years and I've done a few track days on my FZ and I don't get why you have to take an enduro and turn it into a track bike. Wouldn't that be kind of like taking an R1 and throwing knobbies on it? Not meaning to stir the pot, just curious????

Bike
    --------------------- supermoto: crf450
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha
    You know . . .just wondering about this motard business. I've raced motocross for a number of years and I've done a few track days on my FZ and I don't get why you have to take an enduro and turn it into a track bike. Wouldn't that be kind of like taking an R1 and throwing knobbies on it? Not meaning to stir the pot, just curious????

tell you what... ride one, then get back to me.

The debate is a personal preference one, do a search. Plenty of people have voiced their opinion on the matter.

oh and there nothing "enduro" about a crf 450

-arai-

Bike
    00 R6 Street 99 R6 Race
    Quote Originally Posted by arai
    tell you what... ride one, then get back to me.

The debate is a personal preference one, do a search. Plenty of people have voiced their opinion on the matter.

oh and there nothing "enduro" about a crf 450

-arai-
    ok, so it's an mx bike . . .sorry . . yeah, guess your right, I have to ride one . . .

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    If your wife is half as nice as that bike you're one lucky dude arai...

Find some time to bring it out to Boundry Bay and join the other retards out there. It's great fun and a natural home for your new baby.

PS: I went to look up the specs on your bike at the Honda site and found that it didn't come with lights. OK, time to fill in the technical details. How do you get the lights onto the CRF? And how do you get it licensed for the street?

I'm leaving for Ontario early tomorrow (Sunday) morning but there had better be some answers here by Wednesday or heads will roll......
    Last edited by TeeTee; 06-06-2004 at 01:30 AM.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

I do all my own stunts Array boarder's Avatar
    Bike
    only 1 bike now, '02 gsxr750
    YEa, I'm looking into doing the same thing with a drz400e next year hopefully, I'm very curious as to how to get it on the street.
    anyone wanna lend me a bike ?

Bike
    00 R6 Street 99 R6 Race
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder
    YEa, I'm looking into doing the same thing with a drz400e next year hopefully, I'm very curious as to how to get it on the street.
    Down the driveway . . . .left or right turn . . . sorry, couldn't resist

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Quote Originally Posted by Juha

I've gotta say.....small track at Boundary Bay.....I was getting my ass kicked by a supermoto on my fully prepped gixxer 750. I wasn't taking it easy either. Was riding my limit. He'd be my bitch at a faster track is what I keep telling myself ......it's a bike that seems to do everything surprisingly well as long as the speed isn't really fast. They crash great, very flickable and turn awesome at lower speeds, back into corners very nicely, excellent for stunting and plain a lot of fun. Haven't had the pleasure of riding one but I have a good idea of what I'm missing. I rode dirtbikes for years as well....won't give up sportbikes yet. I'll have to wait till I can have both.

Bike
    00 R6 Street 99 R6 Race
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxstar
    I've gotta say.....small track at Boundary Bay.....I was getting my ass kicked by a supermoto on my fully prepped gixxer 750. I wasn't taking it easy either. Was riding my limit. He'd be my bitch at a faster track is what I keep telling myself ......it's a bike that seems to do everything surprisingly well as long as the speed isn't really fast. They crash great, very flickable and turn awesome at lower speeds, back into corners very nicely, excellent for stunting and plain a lot of fun. Haven't had the pleasure of riding one but I have a good idea of what I'm missing. I rode dirtbikes for years as well....won't give up sportbikes yet. I'll have to wait till I can have both.
    Kinda my point, why blend the two. I watched the vid from boundary bay but that's not really a track . .take it to mosport and see what happens. I'm sure the motards are fun but I just don't get it . . .maybe i'm just too much of an old fart . . . and judging by some of the posts here, they don't know where it's at either . . ie, foot down or knee down . . .

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Good stuff Dan!

I've had the pleasure to ride Gio's CFR450 motard and it was a fuckin blast! holy shit, you dont' kow what you're in for. I rode it almost back-to-back with Phil's DRZ400 motard, and let me tell you that the CRF is a huge step up (power wise) compared to the DRZ! (as I'm sure you've already noticed)

That CRF has to be the funnest bike I've ever ridden (by a pretty wise margin).
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    tiz Red.
    Good to hear you're still kicking Dan, Like you, I'm also getting married this year, so congratz to you.

As always your photoshop skills are impressive...

Can't wait to see the final pictures.
    BCSB- Moderator
    Spink.ca

Bike
    06 CBR600RR, 07 CRF150R
    Are you doing your girl's CRF 250 X next ?
    one six two seven eight nine