BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Brake Pads ??

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Slider_33 
G
#1 ·
I have a 1998 ZX7R and I am going to be needing new pads soon , so I was wondering what some good brake pads are that will give me strong braking power and what possible prices may be thanks

Slider_33

#8 ·
BK swears by the RBC's they sell.

For myself I've got EBC HH's on both the street and track bike. Great initial bite and good modulation. Jayson tells me they don't grab as well in the rain and remebering my 9R on tour in the wet I think he's right. But they were adequite for what I wanted even wet. You don't want great initial bite in the wet anyway.... right? :D $50 per side, Imperial has or can get them quick.

G
#14 ·
Well I phoned BK today and they have the DP pads on for 59.95 per disc. They actually said that they would rather use the DP brake pads instead of the EBC's but they both have extreamly hard stopping power and it comes down to personal prefference and price. I think that the DP's are what I am going to get but the only thing now is to figure out if I want the DP Sport HH+ pads the DP Stanard.

Slider_33

G
#17 ·
Jayson said:
im deffinatly going dp next, thanks for writing a response!
i would say go for the dp standard if you are a 'nomal' street rider
sport if you are an agressive street rider, maybe do some stoppies, maybe some track days.

No problem Ya i am thinking I am going to go with the HH's just because I do ride pretty hard and seem to be doing more endos than I should be doing lol but ya for 48 buck you can't go wrong and I think the sport pads are only $56 so we will see.
SLider_33

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.