What are "rear sets"?

Thread: What are "rear sets"?

What are "rear sets"?

Just wondering what rear sets are and how much to get. It was suggested to me to get some extra if i'm looking at track time.

2. Remove Advertisements

I wish.
    Your footpegs and shifter/brakes.. they usually sit back a little further. They come in all shapes and sizes..

PH-Q2 shows us some here: http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...?threadid=3526
    BCSB- Administrator

A couple of Suzukis
    At $400 that's not too bad...especially if you're going to be seeing a lot of track time.

If you're doing mostly street riding, it might be a bit of overkill. Depending on how adjustable they are...you may ruin some of the comfortable characteristitics of your ZX-6R.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    If you're just looking at the odd track day then stick with the stockers. You've got a lot to learn before the footpegs become an issue.

Besides even if you go for higher rearsets then the exhaust becomes a problem. It's all a package once you start modifying the bike. Do it all in a balanced fashion or for a specific purpose or it's just money wasted.

A bike like your 6R is ready for the track in stock shape. Just a few adjustments to the existing systems will sharpen it up. After that just do what you need as you get better and find things that are holding you back.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Jackie Chan's stuntdouble Array Motorcycle Man's Avatar
    CBR600 F4
    You might be able to get some rearset adapter plates for your bike. These relocate the stock pegs up and back by an inch or so. They are a lot cheaper than new rearsets.

i need a new bike.
    just change them out once you start grinding them down on the track