Anyone here good at wiring?

Thread: Anyone here good at wiring?

Bike
    Big Air Cooled Twin

Anyone here good at wiring?

I have a 2001 r6 with the LED tail lights. Is it possible to wire my signal lights so that when I turn them on, one of my brake lights will blink off and on? I've seen a lot of cars that have this. When you're signaling say left without the brakes on the left brake light lights up then dims and when you're signaling left with the brakes on the left brake light dims then relights. I'm trying to clean up the rear end of my bike and I think this would look really trick.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    I have a 2001 r6 with the LED tail lights. Is it possible to wire my signal lights so that when I turn them on, one of my brake lights will blink off and on? I've seen a lot of cars that have this. When you're signaling say left without the brakes on the left brake light lights up then dims and when you're signaling left with the brakes on the left brake light dims then relights. I'm trying to clean up the rear end of my bike and I think this would look really trick.
    this is not a new thing for bikes, and yes, this is possible. I believe you have to buy a signal integrator kit,.. probably a little box that allows you to do this. Fortunately for you, your tail lights are defined as 2 separate lights, so it will work well.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Just a quick reminder that this is technically illegal for motorcycles. There's a specification for the minimum distance between turn signals. Integrating the brake and signals like this does not qualify. So if you get a ticket don't stand there looking dumbfounded at the nice officer....
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    '09 Bandit SEA
    I had integrated blinkers on my '00 for years without an issue. Worked great, looked sharp, and the R6 tail is set up in such a fashion that it's obvious which direction you're signalling in. I suggest using hand signals even with stock blinkers in traffic though, and that goes double for when you integrate your blinkers.

In fact, if you PM r6playa, he just wrote off my old R6 and is currently parting it out. The VFX integrator that I installed so many moons ago is probably a-ok.

-Matt

damn broken leg!!!!!!! Array gixxer_76's Avatar
    Bike
    2007 KX250 Ripper!!!!
    You can get an integrator cheap from Princess Auto. They are used for trailer wiring.

Bike
    Big Air Cooled Twin
    Thanks guys.

I'm not to worried about the minimum distance, I doubt most cops would worry about that.

Once I get the integrator, is it hard to wire the rest of it up? I know absolutely nothing about wiring so that's why I came here.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Gone
    Just get 2 relays, it is all you need. I have a thread on this for doing it to the headlights. It is the same thing just break the ground wire with the relay using the signal wires to trigger it. I have had my headlights integrated all year and have not had any issues with the police and more importantly no cars have not noticed me at a intersection.

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesboy
    In fact, if you PM r6playa, he just wrote off my old R6 and is currently parting it out. The VFX integrator that I installed so many moons ago is probably a-ok.

-Matt
    shitty
    no

Bike
    Big Air Cooled Twin
    I just picked up an integrator from Lordco today. Just from looking at it, it doesn't look like it is going to be that hard to install. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Bike
    none
    My r6 tail lights use the stock wiring... the bulbs are just mounted into holes drilled in the tail light! I'm surprised more people don't do that.

(on a related note, the front signals were replaced with Lockhard Phillips flushmounts... BUT, THOSE are drilled too to put in different bulbs/wiring! talk about excessive modification)