Joe Rocket Meteor, Ballistic or Atomic

Thread: Joe Rocket Meteor, Ballistic or Atomic

Joe Rocket Meteor, Ballistic or Atomic

Just looking for honest feed back on these jackets. Protection, ventilation etc.

2. Remove Advertisements

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Naked SV
    I have the Meteor 3.0 and find it offers good protection (wind=OK, rain=great, crash=good) and adequate ventilation. The two vents on the arms could be bigger, and i would like a couple chest vents, but the existing ones work when you are in motion.

All in all, I am happy with the jacket but would prefer a leather jacket so that when I start getting into track days I could just buy some zip-on pants. Now I have to buy both pants and jacket.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

glowing ghostie! Array gordopolis's Avatar
    I have kids
    I have the Ballistic 3.0 jacket. I think it's great. Dry or wet, warm or cold, it can handle it. Lots of pockets, and the big pouch in the back is really handy.

Mine leaks a bit where the cinch-straps are, around the base of my rib cage I guess. Haven't quite figured out why. Mabye because the fabric is being pulled taught? Or maybe because the jacket bunches up a bit and forms a little puddle-catcher?

That's one thing to consider: the Ballistic jacket is fairly long. Depending on how you sit on your bike, it may ride up or bunch up. I sit fairly upright, so the longer jacket is OK with me.

I don't find it uncomfortable in this heat as long as I keep moving a bit. And I feel secure that in the event of a crash the jacket will protect me.

I've got a JR Meteor 3.0 as well. Venting is pretty good. Use it everyday to commute to Vancouver. Even tolerable in the Oak St bridge line-up. I leave the side vents and the large vent at the back open most of the time. It's not very warm in colder temps.even through it has a zip-in removable liner As I leave White Rock at 5:00 am, up until a few weeks ago, I needed to wear a sweatshirt underneath.

I have noticed that the color bleeds a little. As mine is yellow and black, the black seems to be bleeding into the yellow at some seams. It's easy to clean and looks like new after a wash.

I like the colour and as it's bright yellow, the cages seem to take notice for the most part.

Not bad for the price!