And you call yourselves my friends?

Thread: And you call yourselves my friends?

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R

And you call yourselves my friends?

How come no one told me my bike was too loud? Ok, based on my post http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35941 "When should you repack a muffler". I thought what the hell this thing is getting on my nerves, can't even ride without ear plugs so I took Tee Tee's advice and decided to repack eventhough the Muffler is two months old.

Learn from this folks.... see the pic. Factory packed wrong! There's a huge freakin hole in the packing! The worst thing is the Muffler is Carbon Fiber and eventually the heat would have seriously damaged the CF.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    None
    damn dude, good thing you took the initative

Bike
    vtwins
    what is that stuff?? looks like squirrel hides to me
    10 KTM rc8 r
    03 Yamaha R6 (track)
    97 HD Sporty 883

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    You sure that didn't rip on the way out? Those edges look too white to be old.

EIther way it looks like it was sticking to the sides. Do yourself a favour and wrap the new packing with an outer sheet of aluminium roof flashing. If you don't have some and don't feel like paying $20 for a lifetime supply then PM me and I'll cut a piece from my roll for ya. It'll make re-insertion go super easy like it was buttered up with KY....

...or so I've been told
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee

EIther way it looks like it was sticking to the sides. Do yourself a favour and wrap the new packing with an outer sheet of aluminium roof flashing. If you don't have some and don't feel like paying $20 for a lifetime supply then PM me and I'll cut a piece from my roll for ya. It'll make re-insertion go super easy like it was buttered up with KY....

...or so I've been told

Oh c'mon teetee.. you can let us know about your secret KY obsession... wait.. on second hand, dont..

Bike
    1966 CCM

...or so I've been told
    You sure do come up with some good shit Tee Tee!

*****edit***** I meant about the roofing tin
    I’m not crazy, I just need to get off this island. The doctors don’t believe I invented the chocolate éclair. But I did. I’m going to burn them all and drink soup from their skulls! Happy soup! Untie me and I’ll kill you last!

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R

...or so I've been told
    Oh man, I don't know if it's the two glasses of wine but this stuff is Funny! No it wasn't ripped which is why I put the second Pic on there. You can see where the heat affected the bottom of the pipe. As for the squirel comment...That's funny stuff.

this is my...boomstick! Array CrotchetyRocket's Avatar
    Bike
    click, click
    You should pick up a little punch from repacking that. That's a pretty big "slow walk around the big room" for an exhaust path. It's weirdly satisfying and annoying at the same time when you find a factory f@<& up before it does any damage. Let us know how you like it's sound afterwards.

Crotch

P.S. Everything goes better with a little lube...