BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Just did my biggest wheelie yet

893 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  InvisibleSoul 
#1 ·
I was going up a hill right after a light and I decided to give it a try. I was in first gear at about 5500 rpm, chopped the throttle and then cranked it. I got it up and it went pretty high. While it was up I though, hey this feels alright, so I kept the throttle on. I held the wheelie for about 40 or 50 feet which is the longest I've done one so far. But man what a rush! My buddy was in a car behind me and saw the whole thing. One thing I need to learn is to concentrate on balance and throttle input while wheelying. With all that's going on during a wheelie it's rather hard at first. All that mad acceleration and engine noise and holding onto the handle bars kind of distracts from this.

#9 ·
Darkcbr said:
I was going up a hill right after a light and I decided to give it a try. I was in first gear at about 5500 rpm, chopped the throttle and then cranked it. I got it up and it went pretty high. While it was up I though, hey this feels alright, so I kept the throttle on. I held the wheelie for about 40 or 50 feet which is the longest I've done one so far. But man what a rush! My buddy was in a car behind me and saw the whole thing. One thing I need to learn is to concentrate on balance and throttle input while wheelying. With all that's going on during a wheelie it's rather hard at first. All that mad acceleration and engine noise and holding onto the handle bars kind of distracts from this.
I think that pretty much describes my experience last year... haha... that's about the extent of my wheelies... first gear power wheelies, the longest of which was probably about what you described... 10-15 meters maybe... haha. Very inconsistent and admittedly not very controlled wheelies... ah well. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.