Votes: 2 9.5%
  • consumer report

Votes: 7 33.3%

Why did you buy the bike that you did?

2K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  jonathan 
#1 ·
why? tell me.....

#2 ·
my first bike was a ninja zx-7r...i bought it in '99 one week after i got my licence...reason was because at that time i thought it was the sweetest looking bike...and today i still think it is one of the sweetest looking ones...i would have kept mine but it was stolen.
so i bought a 954 this year. i liked the styling...test rode it...felt great...lots of power...so i bought it...main reason was that it suited me well...felt really comfortable on it.

#3 ·
Um, where's the box for "because I liked the way it performs and the ergos fit me best of all"?

But if you put one in for that then I guess we'll havta' counter that with "how it looks in front of a coffee bar" as well :D

Mind you I need a special one for "I had to buy this because my Ducati didn't like the rain" :laughing but :( at the same time....

#5 ·
Hmmm, how 'bout: "None of the above" I bought mine by reading everything on all the open class sportbikes and despite the reviewers best efforts to bury the Kawasaki ZX9, it was what they said as faint praise that sold me on the bike. Phrases like
'best in the real world and on real roads" were intended to put down the 9, but it exactly that quality I was seeking. Coupled with the high praise for the motor and long distance comfort I was sold. The final decider came in an article from Cycle World where the reviewer said: "it's a Kawasaki, you can't kill it unless you ride it into something." I've ridden a ZX9 for about 10,000 miles now and I can honestly say it is truly an amazing bike. Enough of everything to make every one of my personalities happy. From the practical side, right on down to the hooligan in me.:thumbup

G
#8 ·
i based my discission largely on reports as well,did lots of research and although not the all out fastest bike,i kept coming across "easy to ride fast" and for the average rider they will be able to get more out of the bike,also "confidence inspiring"....the looks really didn't hurt any either!!it was also second to the kawi on ergos and i have a bad back.

G
#9 ·
BMatthews said:
Um, where's the box for "because I liked the way it performs and the ergos fit me best of all"?

But if you put one in for that then I guess we'll havta' counter that with "how it looks in front of a coffee bar" as well :D

Mind you I need a special one for "I had to buy this because my Ducati didn't like the rain" :laughing but :( at the same time....
I could'nta said it better.....:laughing :thumbup

#11 ·
Eddie said:
It also helps to have a nice dealer like BK to help with the initial purchase and after-sales service too!

No brainer.
Yeah, I gotta say that hugely factored into me deciding on this bike. Had any of the other dealerships I went to for service (when I was riding older sportbikes) established the same sort of relationship with me (the customer) I may have looked around a little more. I didn't even look at another Kawi dealer...although I did debate over which 600 for a little while.

#12 ·
blade929boy said:
i based my discission largely on reports as well,did lots of research and although not the all out fastest bike,i kept coming across "easy to ride fast" and for the average rider they will be able to get more out of the bike,also "confidence inspiring"....the looks really didn't hurt any either!!it was also second to the kawi on ergos and i have a bad back.
I also checked the consumer reports option, for the above reasons. But mainly it came down to the following: Honda reliability and resale value, solid performance, looks great.

Need I say more? :)

#16 ·
None of the above

I got my Gixxer because my bro already had kawi 600 and I didn't want to get the same bike. The R6 was way too common. So it was either the F4i or the Gixxer 600. Since I didn't get approved for the financing for the F4i and I did for the Gixxer...I got the Gixxer. :)

#18 ·
It fit my needs the best: comfortable, powerful, sporty, and looks hot. Did my homework and had read lots of good reviews. I also like that it's not your regular 600 supersport or litre-sport; you don't see a lot of FZ1's, they fly under the radar. It was on sale to boot!

Of course I wasn't planning on buying a new bike. But when my SV650 was stolen, it was just the opportunity I needed to upgrade.

#19 ·
BMatthews said:

Ya i figured if i put performance most ppl would pic that since they are sport bikes, but ergo's is a good one.......

#20 ·
I bought a ninja because it was last years AMA champion! :D

No just kidding:rolleyes , well I have always loved Kawasaki sportbikes and because of the looks and price I bought it last year :thumbup

#22 ·
samael said:
I bought a ninja because it was last years AMA champion! :D

No just kidding:rolleyes , well I have always loved Kawasaki sportbikes and because of the looks and price I bought it last year :thumbup
I'd be careful with that bike of yours samael...we've had three 2001 blue ZX-6Rs get destroyed from people on this site. (one by me) They're cursed I tell you! :devillook

G
#23 · (Edited)
Ever since I was a kid I wanted a Ninja. But my first biek ended up being a Yami (cost factor) I banged my old FJ up so many times that I knwe that they could take a beating. (I love to play rough with my ladies hehe) So i decided to stick with yamaha. I was looking for a R6. I likes the look of the R's so much that it was all i could think about for like 6 months well i was saving up for one. I was out looking at bikes. not ready to buy yet cuase i still had 4 grand to save. And that is when I saw my next lover. I never belived in Love at first sight, but when I saw my r1 i knew I had to have her. She was a little old yes, but i like my girls experenced. And besides she only had 15k on her, which mean she wasn't a tottal slut. I treat her bad sometimes, but becuase she knows I am the man she puts up with me. Besides deep down inside she likes me riding her hard. :D

#24 ·
Dafnip said:
Ever since I was a kid I wanted a Ninja. But my first biek ended up being a Yami (cost factor) I banged my old FJ up so many times that I knwe that they could take a beating. (I love to play rough with my ladies hehe) So i decided to stick with yamaha. I was looking for a R6. I likes the look of the R's so much that it was all i could think about for like 6 months well i was saving up for one. I was out looking at bikes. not ready to buy yet cuase i still had 4 grand to save. And that is when I saw my next lover. I never belived in Love at first sight, but when I saw my r1 i knew I had to have her. She was a little old yes, but i like my girls experenced. And besides she only had 15k on her, which mean she wasn't a tottal slut. I treat her bad sometimes, but becuase she knows I am the man she puts up with me. Besides deep doen inside she likes me riding her hard. :D
Well said man.........Cool.......!

#25 ·
Dafnip said:
Ever since I was a kid I wanted a Ninja. But my first biek ended up being a Yami (cost factor) I banged my old FJ up so many times that I knwe that they could take a beating. (I love to play rough with my ladies hehe) So i decided to stick with yamaha. I was looking for a R6. I likes the look of the R's so much that it was all i could think about for like 6 months well i was saving up for one. I was out looking at bikes. not ready to buy yet cuase i still had 4 grand to save. And that is when I saw my next lover. I never belived in Love at first sight, but when I saw my r1 i knew I had to have her. She was a little old yes, but i like my girls experenced. And besides she only had 15k on her, which mean she wasn't a tottal slut. I treat her bad sometimes, but becuase she knows I am the man she puts up with me. Besides deep down inside she likes me riding her hard. :D
Whewww......... Think I'll go molest my lady now...... or at least have a cold shower........... :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.