Got backed over tonight!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got backed over tonight!

mischieviously contagious Array swiftkraft's Avatar
    Bike
    sold

Got backed over tonight!

well what a great way to wreck my regularly enjoyable ride home from work. i was driving from work, tonight, and was on south fraser and mt.lieman behind a car that was behind a tandom dump truck. well the the dumptruck (proably to tight of a corner for him, back up and pushed the car ahead of me right up on top of my bike, i couldn;t move quick enough. i had the clutch in, thankfully, and moved with it. i was afraid if i went down i would get backed right over.

the quickly got off the bike, because the driver of the truck was going to take off. so i ran up beside him, and started yelling at him to stop, and he said he never backed up over us, so to make a long story short, some co workers, including my brother en law, helped out. the cops were not going to attend, but my brother enlaw insisted, because the guy wasn't even going to give us his license, and he was trying to leave, and he wanted his brother to come before he did anything. finally the cops came and they said it was obvious, what had happened. i took some pictures, have to get them developed, so i will post them.

hopefully they can fix it, or i get enough money to get something comperable. --had new rear rubber, rk x ring chain, vortex sprokets, new rectifier (with mod), new fram sliders. gosh, that sucks, my baby. and i am getting stiff, tomorrow i am going to the walk clinic. thanks for listening, and i thank God i am alive and it was not worse.
    Last edited by swiftkraft; 07-13-2004 at 12:37 AM. Reason: typo
    You always walk the road you leave behind!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    A ---> B
    fucked up shit

you're alright
    Bike's sold - still have some gear left!

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    What a jackass for trying to weasel out of it. Wonder if the guy even had a proper class 2 license.

Bike
    Sell me something!!
    would be cool with u if u post some of the pics of your bike?? just alittle curious.

Registered User Array GhostFlame_zx7r's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda 954RR; 2011 Suzuki Vstrom 650
    glad to hear you came out of it pretty much unhurt,,, sorry about the bike

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Glad to hear that you're OK.

I had a similar accident when I was just learning to ride. I was at a stop light behind a construction van and the guy started backing up. I was beeping the little bird chirp horn at him and trying to backpedal but his bumper hit my front tire and down teh bike went. I just stepped to the side and then walked up to the window and tapped on the glass. He looked at me in my helmet with a helluva start and rolled the window down to see what I wanted. I asked him to move forward since his back wheel was mashing down my front wheel on my bike. He looked shocked as hell. But back in THOSE days folks took responsibility for their mistakes with a bit of dignity. We exchanged stuff and went our ways. My bike handled funny but loosening the clamp bolts and axle and then retightening it all up let everything spring back to normal. Tough little buzzards those old Zook 125 enduros were.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    sold
    i am going to get them developed, my bro enlaw picked up a disposible camera from the shell station on mt. lieman. so i am going tomorrow, when i figure out my transportation, and all the icbc/ health clinic stuff. i am getting pretty soar though, i must have braced up while it was happening more then i thought. amazing what dump truck in the wrong hands.
    i hope things go smoothly and quickly so i can get back riding.

Bike
    sold
    hey tee, i just finished putting that new regulator and mod on. it did look funny but sad the poor guy ahead of me's borrowed car on top of my front end. the guy said he wanted to be on a bike. we laughed at that, thinkn you gotta be careful what you wish for.
    i just can't believe the dump truck driver was lying about what he did, when it was so obvious.
    anyone know if i get a rental vehicle while i have no bike? and where i should get it sent to if its repairable? i loved riding that bike, it fit so nice.

Registered User Array Krazy_j604's Avatar
    Bike
    turbocharged scooter
    the people you run into nowadays! well glad to see your alright though

Bike
    2015 Ninja 300 ABS
    Bizarre! Glad you're ok. Good thing the cop attended, that's the kind of thing that can be called "rear ender" without witnesses.

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    did he have a "L" on the back of his truck
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Emtarkanderundrsgunderson Array Boone's Avatar
    Bike
    '01 CBR929RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy_j604
    the people you run into nowadays! well glad to see your alright though
    Or at least the people that run into you nowadays
    Do kindly reply back if you are interested and as you do you will be glad you do, you can reach us through our email address David Boone

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Glad you're okay, but skip the walk-in clinics. I don't trust those doctors as far as I could throw them.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

That new bike smell Array mondocycle's Avatar
    Bike
    Multi
    Disposable cameras......hhhm. Your brother in law had a good idea buying one to take pics of the scene. So many irresponsible people out there. I think I'll get one for my car and one for the bike (if I can squeeze it in under the seat).
    Log off and ride.
    Acta Virum Probant

Vertigo
    i'd suggest everyone get a cheapo digital camera. you can get a 1MP thats the size of a credit card and a little bit thicker with 8 or 16MB of internal memory for about $30.