Darnell's big adventure - Winthrop Washington

Thread: Darnell's big adventure - Winthrop Washington

North Vancouver
    Suzuki SV650, 2002

Darnell's big adventure - Winthrop Washington

I finally made it to Winthrope Washington. Very nice ride. From North Vancouver to Winthrop and back is about 700Km. It took me about 12 hours. Going through Sumas down the number 9 to Sedro Wooly and over on hiway 20 to winthrop.

I pretty much kept to the speed limit the whole way. That's what the locals were doing so I did what they did. I talked to someone and they said the cops were pretty sticky around there.

The roads were in great condition pretty much the whole way. Its not like the 2s2. The turns are mostly pretty tame. The scenery was gorgeous. I tried to post some pictures but could only get two up. One was of a monster cinimon roll I bought in a resturant in ACME. I've got more pictures and two videos I'll try to post.

The conditions around Winthrop are about the same as Lyton in the Fraser Canyon. Dry, arid, hot. It was 96 or more when I was there. The town is really nice to see. The whole place has an old western theme. I believe some of its original and some if its reproduction due to a fire a few years back.

If you go mind the warning signs about not going in the river. There are dams on the river and they let water out without warning. Other wise a really sweet ride. Could be a two day trip if you want to do more of the road. It keeps going.
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

2. Remove Advertisements

done it a few time's already this year. great ride.
    one of these days i'm gonna change my evil ways, till then i'll just keep ridin' on.