BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

WMRC Race CLUB ????

3K views 52 replies 24 participants last post by  Jayson 
#1 ·
Not getting very many WMRC guys out to the Wednesday nights. Westwood is dead, never going to happen again . But if Boundary Bay had more racer support we could easily make a bigger track there . I know it's not Westwood but it is something and it has good potential just not alot of support.

#5 ·
For $50 you can find out for yourself first-hand. What do you think you're gonna learn from the sidelines that can't be leaned on this forum from others who have already been there?

My initial reaction was that first-year riders might not be ready for Boundary Bay. But that is a gross rationalization. Really, ANYONE can handle Boundary Bay so long as they are mature about safety and riding within their comfort zone. So you're a newbie? So ride slow if that's what you're comfortable with. Pick up the speed as you feel fit.

Usually there enough people to split up into slow and fast groups.

#6 ·
No spectators sucks but when you factor it out , insurance is outrageous because of spectators . If a rider crashes who cares ,, if his bike goes flying into some guys girlfriend standing around watching ,,,then your screwed. That's why there is no spectators. When you think about it the guys whining about $15 are the ones causing the greatest expense.

Just come out and ride , I wouldn't drive to Portland just to take a look I'd get my bike ready and race it.

#7 ·
kuldip said:
No, No Boo. This is my first year riding. I want to check it out first before I decide if it's something I'm ready for.
You're ready for it. Anyone who throws a leg over a sportbike (or any bike) is ready for it. It'll only make you better/safer. BoundaryBay nights are a good thing for everyone.

I was almost there last night. I know, almost is like kissing your sister, but I'll be there next week if it kills me.

#8 ·
kuldip said:
No, No Boo. This is my first year riding. I want to check it out first before I decide if it's something I'm ready for.
If you're ready to join one of many rides heading up to Squamish every day of the week...you're ready for this. IF your'e gonna ride (fast or slow), you may as well do it in a safe environment like Boundary Bay...rather than the unsafe S2S.

:2cents

#9 ·
Sorry Bill

I just couldn't make it because of work. I really wanted to do the larger track. Please keep it going. :thumbup

I don't understand why it isn't more popular. I found the practice really helped with the double header at Mission.

Have you ever thought of doing racing starts? And holding races? You know us racers are all about competing.

#10 ·
I was there for sure until my wife got the call that she could go in for surgery that she's been waiting for. I figured that since she let me do a mission t&t on our anniversary, I'd better be there to pick her up after surgery! I'll be there next time.

#11 ·
I was suppose to be there, but I blame it on smiley:p (no really, he was gonna loan me some money until payday (today) to ride yesterday, but he had bike problems)

next week i'll be there with the track bike for sure. I hope it's a extended track again.

#12 · (Edited)
I'm no racer, but ever wednesday u can catch me wishing that I had an extra 50 bux. replaced tires on the gsxr and got caught in a bait and switch...u know, told one price, then ended up having to spend about 3 boundry bay sessions extra..I'll be out there when/if my finances improve.

I did get to spectate, and if any of u guys are afraid of slowing people down, don't worry. I went on a night where they didn't seperate the two groups, and none of the slow guys had troubles. After I left I started saving penies for new tires...sadly..I didn't save enough..now I'm a wee bit in the hole. meh, I can't be held back that long.

Is someone available to do stop watch dutie? Say record 3 laps of a racer, jot down the fastest lap and pin them up on a board to admire at the end of the day??

#14 ·
boarder said:
I'm no racer, but ever wednesday u can catch me wishing that I had an extra 50 bux. replaced tires on the gsxr and got caught in a bait and switch...u know, told one price, then ended up having to spend about 3 boundry bay sessions extra..I'll be out there when/if my finances improve.

I did get to spectate, and if any of u guys are afraid of slowing people down, don't worry. I went on a night where they didn't seperate the two groups, and none of the slow guys had troubles. After I left I started saving penies for new tires...sadly..I didn't save enough..now I'm a wee bit in the hole. meh, I can't be held back that long.

Is someone available to do stop watch dutie? Say record 3 laps of a racer, jot down the fastest lap and pin them up on a board to admire at the end of the day??
bait and switch, fuck.... i hate shops
thats why i built myself a bead breaker and change my own tires

#15 ·
I'd love to come out to BB, one reason being that there's less bike prep required than at Mission (I can ride my bike as is without having to fit the race fairings I bought for it). However, it's hard to arrange play time on a weekday evening (or any time for that matter) because of work and family commitments. Even if I could I still have some logistical problems getting my track bike out to BB. I am so envious of those of you who are able to attend.

Also, I'd really like to support Bill on this because of all he does for the sportbike community. :thumbup I hope these sessions continue through the end of riding season.

#18 ·
boarder said:
replaced tires on the gsxr and got caught in a bait and switch...u know, told one price, then ended up having to spend about 3 boundry bay sessions extra..I'll be out there when/if my finances improve.

this my friend is when you walk away from a shop, anyone who does this to a customer, without a valid and provable reason, does not deseve to be in business, sorry to bastardized the thread.......

BTW I'll be out again at the end of the month, just too much familly stuff going on in the first couple weeks....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.