BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Sunday Aug 15th Neah Bay, WA

981 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  bcbiker_34 
#1 ·
For "swift" and "safe" group riders. The "B" roads can be very technical with some bumps and decreasing radius 1st and 2nd gear twisties.

Meeting at Truck crossing and leave @ 7:00am sharp. Show up earlier if you need to.

Heading South on I-5, West on Hwy 20 to Keystone/Port Townsend ferry for an 8:45am departure. From there, Hwy 20 South to Hwy 101 heading West out to NorthWest corner of Olympic Peninsula and return.

Should be home for dinner.

#2 · (Edited)
CDG

Yeah guys the road to Neah Bay can bite you if you are not careful. Saw first hand a 04 R1 going off the road down an embankment. Not pretty, an R1 with duct tape on it. We burned it down the I-5 with the wrecked R1 and thought latter how dangerous this was for a bike that had be crashed and not checked out opps !

Scooter What a fun road to light the wick.

#3 ·
The very end of the Neah bay road is hellish twisty......very difficult to flick my 12R from one left to the next right repeatedly without going over the yellow lines. which I did twice.....This bit of the road si great 600 territory. Also one guy lost it on a left turn, he went off the road into a drainage ditch, he was fine but we had to do a duct tape job on the bike to get back home. Once you get to Port Angeles (SPL) try a detour up Hurricane Ridge its about a 25Km detour & you have to turn round & come back the same way, but its one hell of a road, but watch for gravel on the corners especially the lead guy.

#4 ·
scooter said:
CDG

Yeah guys the road to Neah Bay can bite you if you are not careful. Saw first had a 04 R1 going off the road down an embankment. Not pretty, an R1 with duct tape on it. We burned it down the I-5 with the wrecked R1 and thought latter how dangerous this was for a bike that had be crashed and not checked out opps !

Scooter What a fun road to light the wick.

i checked it out, it was safe.....he made it home...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.