Ever been hit by a flying object?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ever been hit by a flying object?

Bike
    90 CB-1

Ever been hit by a flying object?

Out of curiosity... has anyone ever had anything thrown at them on the street by other cars?

This happened to me to other day heading to work in the morning, just before the Port Man Bridge (on the freeway) Someone in the oncoming lane tossed something large and hard, like a stone, little larger than a golf ball, at me. :S

it hit my chest, and stung real bad, 3 days later (today) it still hurts...

but it made me wonder if anyone has had anything thrown at them.. and on the freeway at that :S

if it hit my helmet I'd be unsure if even the mighty DOT SNELL rating would keep it from crashing through my visor

just curious... any takers?

I guess to some drivers we're just moving garbage cans to throw things at eh?

- Joseph

PS, I was glad I was wearing my Joe Rocket Jacket.. and zipped up!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

More than meets the eye Array Pvt. BLOGGINS's Avatar
    Bike
    2004 Katana 750, 1992 GS500
    The best was probably a half full tim horton's coffee....... for the cagers effort he got a sparkplug through his windshield!

Registered User Array Miteorite's Avatar
    Bike
    g|xx3r
    Did you actually see him throwing?
    Could be pebble from the road or something. I've hit bugs/whatnot on the highway going 100, and it stung, can only imagine how shitty it must be hitting something with the combined velocity of the two vehicles.

Bike
    DRZ400SM
    2 5ish-year old kids with waterguns in the back seat of a car with Alberta plates.

But they couldnt aim
    Keep practicing kids, they'll be doing real drive-by's in no time!
    Portfolio Site:
    TenguArtwork.com

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    i was on this ride and some guy threw what looked like a piece of ruber hose at me. luckilly it only hit the front of my bike and not me. his name was Roger. if you see him be very cautious of him. he throws things at bikers. his alias is Bladerunner954!! if you see him approach with caution or run for you life!!
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

Registered User Array
    Bike
    none of your business...
    i was hit by an apple core in the thigh...the lil bugger stung soo bad

i hit a robin in the middle of my chest on the mission/abbotsford hwy...knocked the wind outta me...i had to pull over. don't worry, the robin was fine...it looked a bit stunned tho!

Bike
    None right now...
    Do a search for "blue styrofoam" and see if you can find my description of taking a piece of 2' by 8' blue styrofoam full on the chest/helmet, while doing 80km/h over the Knight Street Bridge (short story: styrofoam exploded and let me see again, and neither I nor the bike wavered more than an inch).
    ---
    My Picasa Album

Vicious Little Tree Rat Array squirly's Avatar
    Bike
    I was hit with a lit cigarette thrown out of a car once. I stopped to retrieved the still lit carcinogen-stick then caught up to the car. I said to the driver, "I think you dropped this back there, and I thought you would have wanted it back!", then pitched it back onto the fucker's lap, then I pinned it!

Good Luck and Godspeed!

StagnantWaterPo
    Some ridiculous situations here, makes me tempted to keep a pocket full of shiney sharp objects... kinda like the burrito in Anchorman... mmm, burritos...

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    "I was hit with a lit cigarette thrown out of a car once. I stopped to retrieved the still lit carcinogen-stick then caught up to the car. I said to the driver, "I think you dropped this back there, and I thought you would have wanted it back!", then pitched it back onto the fucker's lap, then I pinned it!"

LMAO
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Bike
    BMW R1150 GS
    Half eaten sandwich, numerous cigarette butts (get used to it) a bucket, rocks dropped by a cement truck, birds, white plastic lawn chair. The list goes on.

Bike
    2004 gsxr 750
    I had a Hill Billy bastard throw a cup out of his window, I had to duck from getting hit. I was pissed off. I passed him and hit the brakes made him swerve flipped the bird and took off.

GreenspyGSXR
    Ive seen matresses on the side of the road before..imagine what gettin hit by one of those fuckers would feel like!

Only lit cig's and pop cans and shit...the basics..lol

Registered User Array
    Bike
    none of your business...
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenspyGSXR
    Ive seen matresses on the side of the road before..imagine what gettin hit by one of those fuckers would feel like!
    'bwoiiiiing' i think the noise would be anyways...that might actually be fun, especially if its one of those double pillowtop ones!

steelrat
    I hit a bird on my 87 Ninja flying up the straight stretch to westwood track to watch the Porche pratices. The little bugger hit me full in the visor, it exploded al over the tank and gauges, he had just finised up at the worm smorg by the looks of it. Birdy was all layed open on the steering head. I grabbed him, pulled into the pits and under the watchful eye of the Porche owners dropped him in the trash saying " this one did not make it" Next morning I could hardly lift my head off the pillow, whiplash from wrong way tweety.

Quote Originally Posted by Candychikita
    'bwoiiiiing' i think the noise would be anyways...that might actually be fun, especially if its one of those double pillowtop ones!