Stolen again... Is it worth it?

Thread: Stolen again... Is it worth it?

Registered User Array ConcreteCarver's Avatar
    Bike
    '05 CBR 600RR

Angry Stolen again... Is it worth it?

Worse luck right here.

My bike was stolen last sunday night, you already know if you read my gf's post. I was down from Kamloops, it was the second night it was in town. Underground parking (i know what you'll think but read on), security guard patrols hourly, key carded gate [ a log is kept of each persons entry, no one can get out or in without one ], kryto disc lock, a CAMERA in the area my bike was parked and IT WAS STILL STOLEN. Security -accidently- taped over the recording showing the theft therefore no definetive evidence can tell which keycard opened the gate. My buddies bike was there as well but they didn't manage to completely saw through his disc brake. Just enough to screw it up and need 500$ worth of work.

It reeks inside job, and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. But life rolls on.

This is my SECOND bike in less than a year that has been stolen. My last bike was a near virgin '99 cbr600 f4. Had it a total of 4 weeks! I ended losing about $1200 after all said and done with ICBC. Here's come round two with ICBC, and I'd like any advice I can get so I don't end up with another loss.

I love this sport, but from dealing with the thefts and ICBC I can't keep it up financially, but most importantly I hate missing the great rides and the rest of the season.

What kind of payout (I'm sure the bike is in pieces and on EBay already) should I hold out for? It was a 2001 Honda CBR 600 F4i, ~12500km, red/blk, mint body, rebuilt at 8000km (inspection documents all done and passed), all maintenance done on time, and so on.

Riding has been the best experience but at the same time the most frustrating. I hope none of you have to go through this experience and if you have I hope you don't again.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the season, keep the rubber side down and I'll be sure to wave if I see ya, but regretably it won't be from a bike this time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    Bike
    somethin somethin somethin
    your bikes out there cruising around somewhere. alot of bikes are out driving around just without there actual owner. only advice i can give is start hitting up buy and sells and bike dealers for selling price so you have amunition to go in to ICBC with and hope your declared value you gave them is on par with your findings. if you told em your bike was worth $4000 to get cheap insurance, expect to get $4000 less dedictible. ICBC has a book value but they also take into consideration what dealers sell them for as replacement cost. good luck with it and maybe your baby will turn up or be hunted down like a couple of members bikes have been.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    Bike
    SV 1000s
    I would actually prefer u/g parking that DOESENT have a security guard.

Doode two bikes is too much headache.
    I would have had a paging alarm on mine after the first lift.
    You said you lost over 1k on the first one, thats 3x the price of digi's alarm system.
    You'll probably come out the same with this one.

ICBC wont be liking you thats for sure.
    Two stolen bikes within a year is guaranteed to raise some flags one someones PC over there.
    Good luck.

And shepherds we shall be Array miraclejoe's Avatar
    Bike
    Gixxer V2.1
    Hey, I heard, and that sucks.

Go to a shop and ask about the blue book value on the bike. It is a barganing method for ICBC. Also, print out some ads about F4i's for sale.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Fascist oppressor.

Sporty Tourer
    Go to the building manager. Ask for a computer log of which card was used to open the gates aroudn the time of the theft. This shoudl tell you who it was in your building.
    It likely and ussually is an inside job. I know of several gang / drug idiots that rent a suite in many buildings with a drug using chick and then get her to ferry cards to them for various thefts at the buidlings they have cards for....

Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporty Tourer
    Go to the building manager. Ask for a computer log of which card was used to open the gates aroudn the time of the theft. This shoudl tell you who it was in your building.
    It likely and ussually is an inside job. I know of several gang / drug idiots that rent a suite in many buildings with a drug using chick and then get her to ferry cards to them for various thefts at the buidlings they have cards for....

Holy Shit!!! did these guys get busted or are they still at large?
    Roger
    Tmustang you are clear for take off

Bike
    '05 CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplekawi
    your bikes out there cruising around somewhere. alot of bikes are out driving around just without there actual owner. only advice i can give is start hitting up buy and sells and bike dealers for selling price so you have amunition to go in to ICBC with and hope your declared value you gave them is on par with your findings. if you told em your bike was worth $4000 to get cheap insurance, expect to get $4000 less dedictible. ICBC has a book value but they also take into consideration what dealers sell them for as replacement cost. good luck with it and maybe your baby will turn up or be hunted down like a couple of members bikes have been.
    Thanks for the help, I made sure my declared value was high enough not to worry about it. I'll start collecting adds.

Bike
    '05 CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by revelation
    I would actually prefer u/g parking that DOESENT have a security guard.

Doode two bikes is too much headache.
    I would have had a paging alarm on mine after the first lift.
    You said you lost over 1k on the first one, thats 3x the price of digi's alarm system.
    You'll probably come out the same with this one.

ICBC wont be liking you thats for sure.
    Two stolen bikes within a year is guaranteed to raise some flags one someones PC over there.
    Good luck.
    A paging system would'nt have helped, I was downtown and the bike was in burnaby when it was stolen. Even if I got a page, I wouldn't have been able to do anything about it.

I'm sure ICBC is gonna give me grief since it's #2, but that's what ICBC does best.

It was worth the wait Array Teknic's Avatar
    Bike
    None.
    Shitty, sorry to hear that CC...hope everything works out. I dont like parking my bike in Vancouver or anywhere near it...Im glad that kamloops seems to be a safe place when it comes to bikes.....(mostly)

When ya get your money come check out my ride for sale.

You gotta lean into it! Array InvisibleSoul's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki Ninja Silver ZX1R Pocketbike (Matching ZX6R Stolen)
    Crappy deal... and how convenient the tape was accidentally taped over.