"HOW TO" cut the license plate holder ?? (cheap man's fender eliminator)

Thread: "HOW TO" cut the license plate holder ?? (cheap man's fender eliminator)

Registered User Array
    Edmonton & Vancouver
    2007 ZX10R

"HOW TO" cut the license plate holder ?? (cheap man's fender eliminator)

hello all,

just wondering how to cut the license plate holder ?? do it while its on the bike ?? or off the bike ??

what to cut it with ??

RIP Chia .. you will forever be in our hearts, our thoughts, our prayers

2. Remove Advertisements

03 gsxr 1000
    i had to take the fender off of my bike, then i used my jigsaw to eliminate the fender.

2004 Honda CBR 600 F4i
    a sharp rasor knife works good too

In hell
    Big and slow
    hacksaw. didn't even take it off the bike. Drew a line with a ruler and cut. you dont see the cut line anyhow since it's behind the plate.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    A hacksaw or a woodworking coping saw work great. Just line it it with a pencil first to be sure of what you want removed and then go at it with either. The coping saw works best for curved cuts and the basic metal hacksaw works well with straight cuts. Some 120, then 240 then 320 then 400 then 600 sandpaper treatment will smooth and polish the cuts. Use the 320 through 600 wet or dry paper with some water and detergent for the best finish.

Here's how mine came out with an hour of layout, cutting and polishing and a further hour to make and install the mini stalk signal you see here.

A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Cut mine of with and angle grinder with stone cutting blade......it cut super clean and pretty much melted the plastic perfectly (no sanding)! Be sure to wear a shirt when doing this technique.....my dumbass didnt and i got a spray of melted plastic across the chest...lol!

medium red R

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    started with an exacto knife then finished it off with a grinder to smooth it out
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves

1991 CR 125
    i used a saw slipped and cut my hand off

Eh Muh Gawd Becky!! Array Purplekawi's Avatar
    my front room
    somethin somethin somethin
    got a Gixxer. it just unbolts!! a Dremel works good for cutting the plastic. they generally tend to travel with different bits so smoothing things out afterwards is easy too.
    That that doesn't kill us forces us to live with a busted up bike!!