These are real standing laws from around the United States of America.
1. It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a
1. Community leaders passed an ordinance that makes it illegal for
anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over puddles of
1. You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.
2. You are not allowed to walk across a street on your hands.
1. Women may be fined for falling asleep under a hair dryer, as can the
2. A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday
or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
3. If an elephant is left tied to a parking meter, the parking fee has
to be paid just as it would for a vehicle.
4. <SARASOTA> It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in
5. Men may not be seen publicly in any kind of strapless gown.
1. It is illegal for anyone to give lighted cigars to dogs, cats, and
other domesticated animal kept as pets.
1. Bathing is prohibited during the winter.
2. Citizens are not allowed to attend a movie house or theater nor ride
in a public streetcar within at least four hours after eating garlic.
1. Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
1. By law, anyone who has been drinking is "sober" until he or she
"cannot hold onto the ground."
2. It is illegal to transport an ice cream cone in your pocket.
1. It is illegal to rob a bank and then shoot at the bank teller with a
2. Biting someone with your natural teeth is "simple assault," while
biting someone with your false teeth is "aggravated assault."
1. Mourners at a wake may not eat more than three sandwiches.
2. Snoring is prohibited unless all bedroom windows are closed and
3. An old ordinance declares goatees illegal unless you first pay a
special license fee for the privilege of wearing one in public.