Cuba!! Pics, 56K beware
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cuba!! Pics, 56K beware

Bike
    2014 FZ-09

Cuba!! Pics, 56K beware

So I got back from Cuba last night. I was lucky enough to miss the hurricane on the way in last Saturday we flew around it when it was tearing up Flordia. It actually didn't do to much to Havana but later that week you could still see some tape on the windows of the buildings near the water.

It wasn't bad, the weather was nice about 33/34 everyday, actually almost a bit to hot. Very humid, and airconditioning is scarce besides the hotel room. Saying the people there are poor is a gross understatement. Nice place to visit but I sure wouldn't want to live there. Havana is worth seeing once but thats about it, a real dump making Downtown East Vancouver look like Beverly Hills.

If your a picky eater like am beware! I had a tough time eating there, everything taste different. Lots of seafood and wouldn't ya know it I don't eat seafood. I also didn't eat the chicken, pork or beef so that didn't leave me much. My diet consisted of one meal a day of Salad & Pasta, (THANK YOU PASTA BAR BUFFET!). Anyway it was neat I'd definatley recommend everybody check it out at least once. A week was plenty long for me but some people who were there for 2 weeks could have stayed longer so it all depends on you.

Anyway heres some kinda of random pictures.

I almost forgot, I'd like to give a big FUCK YOU to Air Canada for losing our luggage on the way home and before finally getting to to me, going through my bag and stealing money.

Some sunsets

Last edited by Quasi; 08-22-2004 at 02:58 PM.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Pool

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Havana

-Joshua Armstrong

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Transportation

Cigars!

-Joshua Armstrong

Bike
    07 CBR600RR
    damn Air Canada
    but nice cigars

Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Awesome pics

did you had a good time?
    Roger
    Tmustang you are clear for take off

Bike
    I wish.
    Put those cigars in a plastic zip lock with a moist serviette/paper towel. And put them in a dry / dark place in the house. And smoke them soon.

Looks like you had a good time.
    BCSB- Administrator

deucetrice
    Cool.

I will definately . . . Array
    Bike
    nice pics

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Put those cigars in a plastic zip lock with a moist serviette/paper towel. And put them in a dry / dark place in the house. And smoke them soon.
    Ya, I have a Humidor there in that now. I did have a good time it was relaxing and I can't even count how many hours I spent poolside doing nothing at all.

-Joshua Armstrong

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    I was just about to lament the lack of cigar pics before I got to the bottom.
    With that many smokes, I would highly recommend you go and buy a humidor. Adam's method will work in a pinch, but I wouldn't advise it for any longer than a week.
    If you need one, let me know. A buddy owns a cigar and accessories company and he could hook you up with a great humidor for cheaper than in retail stores.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Thanks Spiderider, I picked one up before I left the picture was taken right before I tossed them inside.

-Joshua Armstrong

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Cool!
    Wouldn't want that nice of a haul to get wrecked from bad storage.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Kathleen
    I'm a vegetarian and I think I ate more in Cuba than I have ever eaten in my life!
    You are safe eating the meat in Cuba at the all inclusives. There is no reason to eat outside of the club, unless you go to Havana....and there are plenty of really nice places to eat there.
    It was one of the best places I have ever visited. One of the guys working at our club took us to his town about 1 hour outside of Veradero.....it's amazing what these people get up to....middle of the day parties with dancing and live music. But....the government doesn't like it when you hang out with the locals. They think you are up to something.......

Sorry to hear about your luggage....what a pisser.

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    It wasn't that food meat wasn't safe, it tasted like ass. Like I said I'm a picky eater by every sense of the word, most people didn't seem to have a problem.

-Joshua Armstrong