Thread: aDVICE

hey all--- I NEED A quick advice from some of you with at least 1-2 seasons of experience.
    here we go: leaving for 6mos ( work related) to usa and I decided to put my bike in storage. Now; is it better to do my major tune up in the next few days, or when I come back in april? bike is due for carb sync and valve adjustment, cable lube etc.
    its 2000 cbr 600 f4 . I was thinking its better to do it once winter is over...but hmm some ppl do winter tune ups...
    thank you for your advice.

2. Remove Advertisements

Unregistered User Array greenboy's Avatar
    Hey Michael,

I don't think it matters as long as you store it indoors with fresh oil, fuel stabilizer, battery tender, plywood between your tires and the concrete, and all the rest of that good stuff. That's what BK told me. I had my bike freshly tuned by them just before I parked it last fall. Started up and rode without any problems 4 months later.

BTW, is your bike running again (good to hear that, if so)?

yeah!!--it runs-- havent done much to it yet--still waitng for parts but im leaving on the 15th unexpected trip for 6mos....
    hakeem was nice enough( borderline) to come over and start it up for me
    everything is workng except few minor stuff. Im getting my plastics painted hopefully in april when i come back and I will surely go to BORDERLINE -- he is a good guy.
    well and 2000$ worth of cosmetic damage
    well you will see me back on the road next season--hopefully we can hit that long ride!!
    thank you for all your advice Steve.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Do it now and it'll be ready to run in the Spring. Do it later and you'll need to wait for the shops to have time for it. Your choice, it don't matter no how, no way. But DO store it with fresh oil and filter and drain the carbs. Fill the tank and use fuel stabilizer.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

My Tank Is Actually Off --soo There Is No Gas At All In The Bike

Very Good Point...why Wait For The Shops...hmmm...