Selling a used car

Thread: Selling a used car

Rock bottom here I come Array Dalma's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda VFR800

Selling a used car

I'm looking for some information on selling a used car. I have a leased vehicle that I'm considering selling.

I'm certain that in my lease buyout I will need to pay the lease amout + GST + PST.

Now to sell it privately to someone else do they also have to pay PST on the purchase price when the register the car?

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    Are you asking if you pay the GST & PST to buyout the car then sell it to someone else if that person will now have to pay PST because he's buying the car from you? I'd say yes but you might be able to sign the car over to him before buying it out paying whatever documation and transfer fees there are, he basically assumes the lease. It would get kind of complicated because obviously you'd have to have the money there in order to pay the buyout. I'm sure it can be done, I'd talk to the dealership. The buyer would have to be willing to go through some extra hurdles for sure, probably more trouble then it's worth.

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

Vertigo
    Buyer payes PST, but not to you. When they register it, yes.

Rock bottom here I come Array Dalma's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 Honda VFR800
    I thought this was the case. The PST thing on used cars is quite the scam for the Provincial government isn't it.

If a used car turns over enough times the Gov could pull in 15% or better factoring in the fact that the value of the car depreciates over time.