First season of riding .......

Thread: First season of riding .......

Registered User Array 97GSXR600's Avatar
    Ladysmith, B.C
    00 R6

First season of riding .......

Well my first season of riding is over as of midnight tonight when my insurance runs out It only lasted 3 VERY short months but it was evertyhing I expected riding a bike to be and more. I only had one close call on the Duffey which was my mistake and i was fully aware of after the fact. Other then that, 5000kms later, everything went smooth and i did what i planned to do when i first got my bike. Make it through my first season alive. Already looking forward to the next season or whenever i get the urge on a nice day to throw a permit on it

When do the rest of you plan on taking your bikes off the road, despite thhe fact that September is supposed to be stellar weather wise?
    Live to ride

2. Remove Advertisements

Superduper V-twin Rider Array
    Lower Mainland
    Looking for a Motard
    I'd ride my bike year round, but the insurance is too high. Last year there was a few days in October that weren't raining. November was sunny (but cold). I'm storing the bike at the end of September. After that, there's not many dry days left.
    Last edited by daveyboy33; 09-07-2004 at 08:25 PM.

your girlfriend
    i usually run insurance the whole year . in the winter i wait for those cool crips days , and go for a quick fix. now that i bought the dirtbike, the streetbike will take on storage insurance soon as the toy run is done. then i will go play in the dirt , till spring comes around

No bike for now... Array Betamax's Avatar
    Honda Civic
    My insurance is up at the end of September. I've insured my bikes all winter before but it's just not worth the cost, so this year I'm taking the fall/winter off.

Vmax racer
    My insurance is up on the Vmax at the end of the month. I will see what the weather is doing at that point and then see if I will insure the Vmax or put my KLR on the road. It is nice to have the winter bike! Either way I ride all year.