1997 Suzuki GSX-R 750 for sale
Hi all, I have a 1997 GSX-R 750 for sale. Excuse the long write up but I want to make sure I don't forget anything - good or bad.
- Bought new by me Jan 10, 1998.
- No money owed on it.
- About 49,500 km on the engine (With Rr sprocket 2 teeth larger).
- Engine's gas consumption has been consistent since new.
- Engine went for a full 48,000km service and passed with flying colours. Mechanic said he never saw an engine with this many miles so clean before.
- Has been used for wheelies when it was younger, but not recently. Shocks still work great. Not raced.
- Been in a major (for me) accident, but it was when I had first gotten the bike. I have since ridden it for 3 more years, and ridden a lot (see mileage), so I would have noticed any problems it caused. It didn't, the damage is cosmetic, and I can point out all the spots that were affected, but they are all minor to me and hardly noticeable (again, I can point them all out, and you be the judge) The non-rider will notice scratches in the fairings when they are up close, and the rider will notice a small amateur patch job of mine at the bottom of the dash area.
- Periodic minor service done by me (oil changes, chain work, brake checks, clean ups, air box and filter cleanings, etc.)
- Regular major maintenance (averaging every 10,000 km probably). Receipts are available.
- Just got new rear D207 tire, clutch cable, full tune-up including valve, carb and cylinder checks (carbs were all synched, no work needed). Has had cam chain tensioner replaced.
- Engine rejetted, power band dropped by about 1,000 RPM.
- K & N air filter in use.
- Yoshimura RS-3 Slip-on pipe added. The stock exhaust system is already pretty optimised for high-end revs, which is what I wanted at the time.
- Larger rear sprocket added on for extra torque. Yes, as if it wasn't easy enough before, now it is even easier to flip the bike over backwards!
- Have a very recent dyno read-out, so can show horsepower (111 at rear wheel), and top speed.
One dealership will give me $7,000 for it, but without taking into consideration the mods. Another will give me about $9000, but only as a trade-in.
In Vancouver, 2 places have told me they want Gixxers. The mileage and the cosmetic damage are the things going against the bike, but if dealerships will offer me this much and still expect to make money, the bike must be worth it.
I'd like to get $6,500 but I am totally open to offers for the whole package, including spare parts from replacements or mods, solo and passenger seats, frame-savers (little pucks that save your fairings if you crash), manual, my spare helmet if desired, and anything else I can find that belongs to the bike.
Reason for sale:
I see a GSX-R 1000 or R1 in my future... ;-)
The bike was bought in Victoria, BC. I am now located in Vancouver, BC, but I travel frequently to Vancouver Island (monthly), so I can deliver the bike to Victoria / Nanaimo areas if needed.
Feel free to pass on the email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone # (604) 876-5121 to anyone you know who may be interested.
A direct link to some pictures: (No that car is not my other vehicle)
http://pristineimage.virtualave.net and choose the last link in the Navigation bar for information and pictures on the Bike Sale.
Note: This is an older picture. Slip-on not shown here. Check out the web site for a more recent picture.
Thanks a lot.
Last edited by KGJ; 10-10-2002 at 11:43 AM.
Hey all, if anyone knows of someone interested, I'm lowering the price by a few hundred.
I invested a ton of time stripping down the bike to its bareness, cleaned it inside out and put it back together (I ususally do it twice a year - quite a pain, but I think it is worth it in the long run)
Anyway, I don't want to have to do it all again (yeah I'm lazy) and I want to get this sale done with, so I have changed the price to $6,500 O.B.O.
Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by KGJ; 10-10-2002 at 12:01 PM.
I cleared all the posts not relating to this thread.
Please read the Buy&Sell forum rules people.
I'll start banning people from the forum who post replies not related to the item for sale if I have to.