Bridgestone???
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bridgestone???

Bike
    Honda RS 250

Bridgestone???

I'm curious, With the resent success of Bridgestone at the MotoGP level and taking "trickle down" into concideration- Would those of you who wouldn't before, now concider buying Bridgestone tires? The price is right.

Being sponsored by Bridgestone I've seen them develop great products over the years and I personally stick with them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Benny at North Shore sold me Bridgstones; I'm happy with them, they are as good or better than my old mezlers and at a better price.
    -
    -
    Current:Suzuki SV650, 2002
    Previous:69 Triumph 500, 71 BSA lightning, 73 Triumph Trident, Yamaha DT125, 85 Honda Nighthawk, 88 Harley Sportster, CB 900...hmm I think thats it

Bike
    medium red R
    Are you talking street or race? I would be more likely buy on a positive recommendation from fellow rider or Mag's. I don't think my bike has anything like enough in common with a Moto GP bike to think it makes much of a differance. Bridgestone get good reviews from just about everyone I've talked to and from Mags.

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by dkr
    I'm curious, With the resent success of Bridgestone at the MotoGP level and taking "trickle down" into concideration- Would those of you who wouldn't before, now concider buying Bridgestone tires? The price is right.

Being sponsored by Bridgestone I've seen them develop great products over the years and I personally stick with them.
    I don't think a lot of people here don't need to see it happen in racing before they are happy with a product... there are tons of bridgestone supporters on this site, and i think it is because we are real people, with jobs... if the performance is good and the value is good, it's a win/win situation. Not everyone can afford the expensive popular brands.

Michelin has got to be one of the most popular brands in motoGP, but not many people say much about them... Cost does play a big role in things I think.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

I'm hungry... Array tackle_me_2's Avatar
    Bike
    BMW F800ST
    MSpeed just put BT45 on my bike...I like them.

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Michelin's worldwide success motivated me to try them. I won't go back. So yes, motorsports sells product.

Bridgestone? Had them stock and may try them in the far future. The 012ss is a tire I'd ride.

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth
    Michelin's worldwide success motivated me to try them. I won't go back. So yes, motorsports sells product.

Bridgestone? Had them stock and may try them in the far future. The 012ss is a tire I'd ride.
    You need to put the michelin man in your avatar.

I had a set of pilot sports as my first tire ever... I have no complaints about them, but I wanted to try something new, so i got Diablos this time around. I would have no frame of reference if I didn't try other tires. However, I'd like to give the new pilot powers a go when the come down in price a bit.
    .()_()
    (o'.'o) Thanks to Twinbros Racing for my avatar!

Registered User Array audiophile's Avatar
    Bike
    04 Yamaha R6
    Quote Originally Posted by tackle_me_2
    MSpeed just put BT45 on my bike...I like them.
    maybe so but you cant lean

Jackie Chan's stuntdouble Array Motorcycle Man's Avatar
    Bike
    CBR600 F4
    I don't have brand loyalty when it comes to tires. Bridgestone may produce good tires for MotoGP, but I won't assume their whole product line is uniformly good. In fact, the two Bridgestones that I've tried have been disappointing.

I'm happy with the Pirelli Diablos that I've got on my bike now. To persuade me to try something else, I'd need a recommendation from somebody that I trust and that has tried the Diablos.

Bike
    Rosalita Azul
    BT012ss tires are the best I've ever tried on the street, I've yet to try the 014 but I'm sure it's a great tire as well. The success or lack of it in MotoGP has absolutely ZERO to do with whether or not I'd buy them though. The tires sell themselves.

GreenspyGSXR
    i have 014 and they rock.....super happy with it.....to bad i need a new rear already....guess i shouldnt spend so much time on it....hehehe

1st name basis with Death Array Ghost's Avatar
    I'm the one in front of you.... ZIPPERLIPS!!!
    Bike
    2014 BMW S1000RR in MF'n BLACK!!!
    I've been running 010's for the last 4 years and I love 'em!!!
    i'M a BcSb PaGe 11 RoCkStAr...
    '08 1098S in NERO, of CORSE!!!

Wudeva Array
    Bike
    '02 R1 (Fast Red)
    Have had a set of 014's for about two months and I love them. They warm up faster than the 208's and the price was right

Bike
    your girlfriend
    had the the bto12 on my bike, it was a very good and predictable tire, and lasted a long time. just recently i updated to the metzeler m1 tires, so far i find they warm up way faster, and i'm just starting to trust them, you know give er a lil more around corners, just seeing how far i can push it.

Registered User Array ReelExterminato's Avatar
    Bike
    FZR
    Ive got an 010 and 014 combo. From what Ive heard they are the best tires in 18" size, and theyre pretty good pricewise, too. I think I would try something else if I read good things about it and it was decently priced, as I think its always good to see whats out tehre. But I think theyre pretty good, didn't know they didnt have much of a reputation with their race tires