what has all your stuff costed you?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: what has all your stuff costed you?

RC-51, KX250

what has all your stuff costed you?

-Bike: $4600 ('94 cbr600f2)
    -Helmet: $270 (HJC)
    -Jacket: $50 (Leather riding jacket I got from a buddy)
    -Gloves: $0 (gift from the parents)
    -Shoes: $13 (ya I'm cheap)

Total: $4933
    Total after 5 months insurance: $5683

Not too shabby considering the fun I've had. Boy oh boy!

2. Remove Advertisements

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    costed? ...... lets just say I have no money now

your girlfriend
    umm bike new 14,400, - carbon fiber pipe $899,-stainless braided brakes lines front and rear $150,- lp smoked sceen $75,- ohlins steering damper$650,-shoei helmet $750,-xspeed helmet$179,- two piece leather $1700,- cheap ass joe rocket boots $250,- joe rocket textile $249, violator gloves$160.- the thrills and smiles i get when riding this bike... pricless umm ty Andrew for the reminder also in the inventory is my son's crf 100, all his gear, my drz400, and my offroad gear. all this in the past three years. i'm not gonna dig past that or i will get depressed. but hey its better than sitting at home watchin tv. lets just say i call it my cigarette money. i figure if i were a smoker , this is how much money would go up in smoke.
    Last edited by BLADERUNNER 954; 09-24-2004 at 08:35 AM.

The Wack
    dont want to think about it, let alone add up the $
    Portfolio Site:

north shore
    gix 750 streetfighter
    I don't think i want to add that up.....

lets see...
    couple of bikes... heaps
    couple of crashes... way too much
    enddless sets of tires... i gotta stop those burn outs
    enough gear to get me through a few crashes without being hurt... really worth it

umm.. so lets see .. pretty much every pay check.

04 ZX6R/91 BMW K75S
    2 bikes, 5 pairs of gloves, 3 pairs of boots, 3 helmets, hard luggage, soft luggage, totes, rain suit, 2 leather suits, 2 extra tinted face shields, electric vest, smoked windscreen, tapered pegs........

For everything else, there's MasterCard.

Edit: Oh, this is what I currently have, not what I have spent in my 11 years of riding.
    Last edited by 2wheelsx2; 09-21-2004 at 08:41 PM.

almost 40 grand spent on bikes and riding in 5 years (10 grand in payments left on the new gixxer)

Registered User Array ReelExterminato's Avatar
    $2200 for 1st bike, $1655 for the second. I cheaped out on gear the first time around, probably around $600 for jacket, helmet, and gloves. After I got my second, I spend a little over $2k for suit , boots, gloves, and back protector. My gear cost more than the bike I'm riding right now

The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    I just hope that motorcycling ends up costing more than I make in my entire lifetime. So far I'm doing well.
    "When in doubt accelerate.
    It may not help you avoid the problem,
    but it'll end the suspense."

WMRC #96 (retired)

Honda RS 250
    100's of thousands really.

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    I've been doing this shit for over 25 years. I'm a cheap bastard but spend were it counts. I love what I do and will continue to spend my money on this sport that has givin me so much.

I must have spend at least $100,000.00 by now. Worth every penny. Wish I could spend a lot more. Will be racing again next year as my shoulder is almost healed. With a bike needing a motor and tires, etc.... I see an other year of double shifts and second jobs to pay for it. Sleep? That's not in the cards.
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

2002 SV650S Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by BLADERUNNER 954
    umm bike new 14,400, - carbon fiber pipe $899,-stainless braided brakes lines front and rear $150,- lp smoked sceen $75,- ohlins steering damper$650,-shoei helmet $750,-xspeed helmet$179,- two piece leather $1700,- cheap ass joe rocket boots $250,- joe rocket textile $249, violator gloves$160.- the thrills and smiles i get when riding this bike... pricless
    Is that including the dirtbike? How about the kid's bike? And his gear too. Remember, you paid for it.

As for myself, just think:

1.5 bikes (write off sucks)
    Oil changes and tune ups
    Full exhaust
    bling stickers
    textile suit
    leather suite
    2 pairs of gloves
    1 arai (plus iridium shield), 1 shoei
    1 pair of boots (soon to be 2?)
    bike security (or lack of now)
    bike cover
    safety kit (tire plug kit; safety glasses for night riding)

Planned spending: bling windscreen; bling security; bling tires; bling turn signals.

A bike can be cheap, till you start blinging it out.

Registered User Array savagebovine's Avatar
    New Westminster
    '06 GSXR 750
    holy shit you guys. this is not a comforting thread. i guess after three bikes and 2 sets of gear, im somewhere around 25g. + a crash @ 8000 covered by icbc. i really want to get into racing. but buying a house is a priority now, so we'll see if i make it out next year or not. im not certain that i can justify 100's of thousands for the sake of my enjoyment. i know most might disagree but this is crazy.

In hell
    Big and slow
    I honestly don't want to think about it. I'm sure it would have made a nice downpayment on a house though.

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    I'm certainly up in the 10's of thousands by now. 1/2 a dozen bikes plus racing plus gear. Call it $40K. But then I started when bikes were cheap.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.