Rider down Burnaby

Thread: Rider down Burnaby

Rad Motorrad Array SpacemanSpiff's Avatar
    Burnaby, BC
    2003 GSX-R 600

Rider down Burnaby

well 2 days ago (yeah ive been busy with school) I was studying and I heard COPIOUS amounts of sirens like right at the end of my street, so I go outside and see waht all the comotion is, on the corner of Douglas and Dominion I see a car smashed into a stop sign with a bike underneath the car. The rider was sitting like 10 feet away from the car twitching on the ground with ambulance crews all around him, and I saw a girl crying off to the side, I think she was the driver.

Nobody would tell me what happened, but i THINK that the gilr was travelling south on douglas and the rider was going north, the gril estimated she could make a right turn onto dominion before the rider came by, but as per usual didnt see how fast bikes actually go and smoked him mid turn

It looked pretty bad, I really hope the rider was ok, anybody know anything else of this? THe stop sign was bent right over with the bike UNDERNEATH the car, so I'm hopeful the rider was ok. Either way it again goes to show that no matter how good a rider you are, theres always some stupid cager out there ready to take you out.
    Just a Crazy Canuck

2. Remove Advertisements

Shiftless clutcher Array ZoomaFoo's Avatar
    Turn 2
    '01 GSX-R600 race bike
    We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

I can't wait for 2005, 'cause 2004 has to be one of the worst years ever for B.C. motorcyclists.
    "When in doubt, FLAT OUT!"

North Vancouver
    98 Suzuki TLS
    Geez, I'm just hoping that the rider was twitching because of pain and not convulsing... Pain means you're alive.

Good luck rider.
    I love my squared off tyres. Torque rules.

Fuelled by rice Array racerboy88's Avatar
    lower mainland
    Hope the rider is ok,
    02 R1- stolen Nov 24/02

Hang Thieves