Sat's thread about a so-so new band covering a song from a so-so old band got me to thinking about how there aren't too many CD's out there that i can really listen to front to back. Just curious to see what everyone else thinks too.
Try to list off your top 5 albums of all time. I am not talking about some pretentious shite you tell people you listen to so you seem smart. I am talking about the discs that you can name every song and know most-if not all-of the lyrics to the whole shebang. The type of disc that has more than 5 songs that you can actually sit through.
5. La Sexorcisto
- Combining the fun and campiness of old monster movies with heavy metal and desert stoner rock, this CD always reminds me of junior high school when i saw my first White Zombie t-shirt. It said "Say you love satan" on the back. Listen to this while stoned with friends.
4. Lemonade & Brownies
- Say what you will about what these guys became, this major record label debut was a fucken ripper. Sure, their new shit sounds like it came from a protege of Chad Kroeger, but their old stuff is heavy and laced with attitude. This shit is perfect for blaring in your car while driving.
- I know every song on this CD by heart. This is one that i have purchased at least 3 separate times just because it keeps getting so worn out. I used to use this one for listening to while reading.
2. Temple Of The Dog
- This one was truly a labor of love. Being brought together by the death of a mutual friend, the members were guys from Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. This is totally one to listen to while depressed and self-medicating with beer.
1. Master Of Puppets
- This is the big one for me. This is one that i can pop into a CD player, anytime, any day and never have to hit the "skip" button for anything. It ranges from heavy to super-heavy and has at least some melodic tendencies. I fucken LOVE this CD. Perfect for working out.