Never underestimate the power of a service

Thread: Never underestimate the power of a service

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750

Never underestimate the power of a service

I just got my bike back from RMS after 2 weeks, and holy shit people..its rediculous...my bike runs so freakin smooth and the engine is so freakin quiet, it feels like i just bought a brand new bike. Its snappy as hell, and it feels like i just added a crazy amount of horsepower, and im not even exaggerating

New tires, valve adjustment, oil, filter, new gaskets, spark plugs, air filter, fluid flush, lubricate all joints and bearings and bunch of other stuff that comes with a 25,500 km major service.

I had the bike serviced in February, where an oil filter and oil change were done, and new brakes, but thats it. I have to say, i'll never appreciate a good uality servcie more than i will today. Seriously, do not neglect it! Its worth every $.

Mark took care of me really well too thanx buddy!
    25,000 feet is my own little piece of heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    crf250r
    Good to hear theres some quality service out there,not enough good things about shops these days.

Bike
    '07 BMW K1200R
    I'm curious why it took 2 weeks though.
    What was it all about?

Disaster Monkey
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu99
    To make him better appreciate it! It probably runs exactly the same as before, but he's been without it so long it just feels smoother, snappier and quieter.

Bike
    Tard.
    Mark is awesome. Who is the other guy at the desk when Mark isnt?

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu99
    they had to order in some gaskets and fastners from suzuki, and their (RMS) parts department screwed up the order, so they had to send it back and wait for the right parts to come in, then had to put it all together. I brought in on thursday, got it back today, so actually week and a half. But holy hell is it ever smooth. Mark showed me the air filter, and it was literally covered in dirt and grease, pasted on. Spark plugs were worn pretty well, gaskets replaced...and bearings and others tightened. riding between 90-120 km/hr, if u let go of the handle bars, it would start to shake and worsen so it shakes violently until u grab control again. That problem is eliminated (alignment prollem) and shifting is much smoother, all joints and cable locks, throttle bodies adjusted and lubricated. Basically the works. Im super satisfied, cuz i wasnt happy witht he way my bike was runnin this summer, after the hard riding its been through. So its nice to have that new bike feel again.

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by grandshervee
    Mark is awesome. Who is the other guy at the desk when Mark isnt?
    Kyle..

Bike
    98 Suzuki TLS
    gotta put my couple of cents in. Mark from RMS is a great guy and their service department is tops. They did a full service and completely replaced my frame. Too bad Suzuki Canada screwed up four times to get the parts in. Man, I can't believe that it's so common for Suzuki Canada to screw up parts...I never believed the rumours of their bad reputation until I experienced it for myself...

But anyways, RMS's service gets props.
    I love my squared off tyres. Torque rules.

Bike
    '07 GSX-R 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewman
    Too bad Suzuki Canada screwed up four times to get the parts in. Man, I can't believe that it's so common for Suzuki Canada to screw up parts...I never believed the rumours of their bad reputation until I experienced it for myself...

But anyways, RMS's service gets props.
    Havent heard anything like that before. RMS screwed up the orders in my case, but i havent heard anythin about Suzuki canada havin a bad rep. I thought they were #1 in that dept. cuz they invest more $ than any other brand in their parts/maintenance division? Or was i mis-informed. I know i read that somewhere.

Bike
    none
    how much did it cost you?

Crabalocker
    Quote Originally Posted by SRAD
    riding between 90-120 km/hr, if u let go of the handle bars, it would start to shake and worsen so it shakes violently until u grab control again. That problem is eliminated.
    Did you ditch the stock steering damper, or is an alignment problem like that gonna give you head shake no matter what?

Bike
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by grant
    how much did it cost you?

Yeah how much for all that service being done on your bike
    Roger
    Tmustang you are clear for take off