opps, no more r6
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: opps, no more r6

Angry opps, no more r6

Well it happened on Friday july 12 at about 5:30pm, about 40kms out of Pemberton, in darcy. Adam(Endo) and i were on the way to lilloet. Going into a corner i hit a bit of gravel, the back end kicked out and the bike went straight up and off the road. The bike flipped into the ditch and i went flying about 30feet from where the bike rested. Lucky enough, i walked away with a few scrapes and bruises and a hell of an experience. There was a lady that was very kind in helping me by letting me use her phone and even her camera to take some pictures of the bike. She said that she would e-mail them to me, so when I get them I will post them.

2. Remove Advertisements

good to hear that you're alright.are you gonna get another r6?

Je ne suis pas Francais Array nutcracker's Avatar
    none at the moment
    were you wearing leathers ?

good to see you're alright
    2010 can't affort a bike anymore
    2006 Husqvarna 610SM
    2004 VFR
    2003 R1
    2002 KTM LC4
    1998 ZX6-R
    I'd rather be scared to death than bored to death.

glad you're ok...too bad about the bike though

yeah, glad to hear you walked away unharmed. post pics and let us know what icbc does. (i'm still waiting to hear back from them.)

'04 R1 - You are mine! Array FloMan's Avatar
    Yes please! Oh! That wasn't a question?
    I just finished reading about Anthony's crash...I click the next post ...another crash...I am logging off after this.

Glad to hear you made it.
    “Your failure to be informed does not make me a wacko.”
    -John Loeffler

“The truth will set you free, but first it will make you sick.”

T Dot - Missing Richmond
    Whatever people will lend me
    good to see you ok, you must have been wearing full gear

ps wanna sell the bike as is????
    BCSB- Retired Moderator

"You just dont get it do you, not even 1%"

where exactly was this? d'arcy isnt on the way to lillooet. but there r corners both on the way to d'arcy & on the way to lillooet that have sent me into gravel induced tailwhips.

Just Another Enthusiast Array vrecksler's Avatar
    Naked SV
    How many people have gone down so far due to gravel in the road? I would think that by now we would have learned to take it easy on unfamiliar roads until we are certain they are clear. I do not really care how many bikes get written off, but I am just worried that sooner or later someone is going to get seriously hurt when it could have been avoided with a little care.

But if your bike is written off, what are you going to get? That is the one good thing about an accident like that, you get a fresh start and can pick a new bike again.

B-r-a-d-l-e-y...Why? Because I'm Bradley!

BIG betlawgs Array
    1860 rickshaw
    glad u r ok too bad about the bike though. all the best with your recovery and ICBC claim. good luck buddy.

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    New West
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    This is a classic example of why you should ride a stretch of twisty road first at a sane speed. Once you've gone through it once, go back and do it hotter. Blindly honking through a strecth you haven't been through in a few days/weeks is begging disaster.

Wut's with all the accidents lately?
    Anywayz... glad ur ok..

Good to hear your OK

I was wearing partial gear, a jacket, gloves and boots and of course a helmet. Dont have riding pants yet.
    the location of the accedent was about 20kms past the sign to turn right to go to lilloet, and the lady that i got help from said that we were in d'arcy. i think that the road was Portage rd.
    The thing that sucks the most is that I wasn't rippin it up or trying to show off, it was just a bad reaction to a bad situation. Maybe if I layed the bike harder into the corner even with the gravel, i could have possibly came out ok.

I think im going to look for an 02 R1, and or maybe a new 954RR.
    Not sure have to wait and see what icbc says. I had my bike insured for 12,000.