inspections and tune ups

Thread: inspections and tune ups

inspections and tune ups

I called a local motorcycle shop the other day and asked to schedule a tune up and the guy asked me what I wanted done. Being my first bike and new to the whole scene (not knowing shite about bikes) I had no idea. Do places usually have a "general tuneup" or you have to actually know exactly what you want done. If I got an inspection would they come up with a list of things that need to be done, then I can go from there? Do they do engine tests during inspections. I know I could have just asked over the phone but then I get the feeling they will screw me since they'll realize I don't know too much about motorcycles yet.

2. Remove Advertisements

reliable shops won't screw you even though they will realize you're new to riding. search this site and a few other local sites and see what people have to say about the shop you were thinking about taking your bike to. the days of fly by night mechanics and shady shops are coming to an end.

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Area 604
    The shop guy might be wondering how many km's you have on the bike to determine what needs to be done. There are specific things that need to be adjusted/replaced/cleaned/inspected depending on the age and/or odometer readings. If you have the manual, it'll give you a list.