A track school from Calgary, AB

Thread: A track school from Calgary, AB

Brad Gavey #17

A track school from Calgary, AB

Hey riders from BC,

Just logged onto this site for the first time and I'm checking to see if anyone out west is interested in making the trek over the mountains to Calgary for my riding school. For those who don't know me I'm just a local racer who started up a school 3 years ago that's doing really well, and I take all levels!

If you are a first year rider or first year racer I can help you out. My fast guy is Tim Easton, who teaches the fastest racers here. He was the CMRA #1 plate holder in 2002, so he knows his way around Race City Speedway. And if you are an intermediate/advanced rider/racer, we can definitely help you out too.

These are the confirmed BGPR Schools and Track Night dates for 2005. I've shaken things up for next year in the classroom and I'm bringing in new ideas to the track to keep things fresh. If you've come to one of my schools in the past and enjoyed it, this year is going to be even better!

School Dates
    May 18
    June 8
    July 20
    Aug 10

Exec School
    June 29
    (One on one instruction, and tons of track time! Last year we put over 280km's each on our bikes, students and instructors!)

Track Nights
    May 11
    May 25
    June 15
    July 13
    July 27
    Aug 17
    Aug 31
    Sept 14

The school price this year is $240 for a single school, and the Exec school is $425. For each date (excluding the Exec school) we are also offering one-on-one instruction for a maximum of 4 students per school, first come first served. The price for the one-on-one is $185 on top of the $240 (total being $425). This will sell out fast so be sure to sign up ASAP!

Track nights are $100, and there is a possibility of offering more one-on-one instruction during these sessions if there is demand. Pricing is yet to be determined.

All schools this year include lunch, and we're also selling gas at the track this year so riders don't have to leave half way through the day to fill up. Video will also be available this year for $30.

Prices include GST, and we're accepting Visa and Mastercard now. On top of the individual pricing we're also offering various packages to suit your track time and help your wallet.

4 Schools
    1 Exec school
    8 Track nights
    $1850 ($385 savings, or $140 per event!!)

4 Schools
    1 Exec school
    $1200 ($185 savings!!)

8 Track nights
    $675 ($800 regular!!)

1 School
    1 Track night
    $300 ($340 regular!!)

Mixing and matching is definitely available to tailor to your style. Come talk to me and we can easily work something out.

As seen last year, school dates and track nights fill up quickly, so be sure to sign up early!

Any questions, call! 403-620-7559 or 403-569-9555, or email me at gaveybgpr@shaw.ca. Also be sure to come see me at the January 2005 Motorcycle Show at the Roundup Center at the BGPR booth. Also coming soon, a new website located at http://www.bgprschools.com.

Brad Gavey
    CMRA Pro #17

2. Remove Advertisements

r6 track slut
    This sounds really cool, depending on the bank account I'd definitely consider making the trek.

2008 Beemer (touring)
    Hey Brad, nice to see you on the BCSB site!! (and good to meet you the other day). I will definitely consider coming out to the schools but will let you know later in the year!! Any track time is good track time.
    Taking It to the Track

WMRC Racer #911 (retired)
    PCMRC Racer #911 (retired)

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    I'd be up for this. Any group discounts?

Brad Gavey #17
    Hey all,

Just keeping in touch with you guys. Some spots for 2005 are already filling up quickly, and I only have 1 spot left for the Exec School on May 18th.

It's looking like classes will probably sell out faster than 2004, so drop me a line and let me know if you are interested and want to make a reserveration or to toss me deposit to hold your spot.

If you have any questions or want to chat, drop me a line! The usual phone numbers and e-mail address apply.

See you at the track...

Kelowna BC
    1198 S 999R 990 superduke
    Hey Brad....... ....welcome......don't tell em you know me ?
    Getting married is like stickin your hand in a running lawnmower.....if you are smart..you'll only do it ONCE !
    (by S Whiting)

I took the "Short Bus" to school....only kuz they told me it was faster......What did they tell you ?