My friend emailed me this one......
For all those Americans with short memories,
- The 4 Canadian servicemen killed in Afghanistan by U.S. "friendly
while serving in the last U.S. Invasion.
- The Canadian warships patrolling the Arabian Gulf as part of the
Afghanistan coalition for the last year and a half (and currently still
- The Canadian Peacekeeping force in Bosnia, serving with U.S. forces.
- The Canadian forces that served in Kuwait as part of the Coalition
- The Canadian Airports filled with U.S. airplanes on September 11 (and
the week after)
- The hospitality of Canadians in Gander, Goose Bay and Halifax to those
stranded travellers on Sept 11.
- The Canadian firemen who went to New York City of their own accord to
be part of the recovery efforts.
- The Canadian Ambassador to Iran who smuggled four Americans out of
Iran (using Canadian passports)
- And remember when Ronald Reagan vetoed sanctions against Saddam
Hussein after he gassed thousands of Kurds.
- And remember when the U.S. supported Iraq in their war with Iran.
- And remember how Canada joined World War 2 in September 1939, not
- And remember how Canada joined World War 1 in 1914 not 1917.
So before you get down on CANADA, remember that Canada has been there
for the U.S. more than the U.S has ever been there for Canada.
Remember that the world is more complex than playing cowboys with those
you don't like (today). Canadians and Americans are friends, but we don't
have to like everything you do.
We wish you luck in Iraq and we will be there to help pick up the pieces
with you, but do not drop your true friends over your latest whim.