Camping on a bike

Thread: Camping on a bike

Camping on a bike

I am thinking on doing a camping trip during the aug. long weekend. Anyone know of good places to go?

There needs to be a lake that i can fish at and there has to b fairly good roads to get there.

Please give me some Ideas on where to go.

How far do you want to travel there are good campinjg spots in the okanagan.

I figure I want to do about 12 hours travel time tops. Also some where no so so busy. I know hard to find with the weekend I picked but that date is not set in stone.

u should come to sportbikewest. excellent roads and well organized by Owen. beautiful trip gettin there also. we do the whistler-lillooet-lyton-spences bridge-merrit-kelowna route. beautiful (well, except the last bit which is fast 4 lane highway. nice views but boring riding)

Freek, no lake though right?

kelowna sits right on a rather large lake actually. dont know if there's a lake right on the campsite tho. the trip is more for the riding than fishing or anything mind u. definitely THE western cdn rally to attend tho. for info

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    No lake at the site but Okanogan lake is only 10 minutes away. Fishin' sucks though.

Unless you use a dead cow as bait for Ogopogo........

And a big ol' for hittin' the open road for a couple of days.

Camping is the second best thing you can do on a motorcycle...... well, maybe the third....... But the first best thing doesn't involve starting the engine.......
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Well from vancouver to peachland witch is in the okanagan takes about 4 hours and back another 4 a total of 8 hrs and there is a Lake right next to the camp site..well you wouldhave to walk about 10 feet across the road. There is also a creek rightnext to the campsite. I kno a few people that catch alot of fish there. But peachland is pretty small place i liv here not much to do here but it is fairly busy 2.