I was just wondering...

Thread: I was just wondering...

Question I was just wondering...

I just got bored and typed this but how many times have you dropped your bike before you kinda got the hang of it. If u did drop it where and was it while driving, turning, etc......

2. Remove Advertisements

Registered User Array ReelExterminato's Avatar
    Once in a parking lot. I credit that to Action... it would have definately been more if I hadn't had experience with their smaller bikes.

KLR, GIX750
    Haven't dropped my bike, yet. For those that have gotten the hang of dropping your bike, please do tell us what the secret is
    You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move
    and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

rain? whats that! Array REVELATIONS's Avatar
    SV 1000s
    ... the secret is to let it down slooooooowly

Port Coquitlam
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    Quote Originally Posted by eyedoggerz
    Haven't dropped my bike, yet. For those that have gotten the hang of dropping your bike, please do tell us what the secret is

Try standing on the ground while riding at slow speed...guarantee to drop it everytime
    Tmustang you are clear for take off

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Area 604
    I dropped my first bike 4 times.

The first time was when I stopped on a hill and couldn't reach the ground because of the slope. I broke the right mirror on that one. The second time was during the same evening when I was still depressed over the first drop. I was backing my bike in to park it between my car and a wall. I slipped and broke the left mirror off against my car!

The third time I dropped it was when I stalled my bike while practicing U-turns in a parking lot.

And the last time I dropped it was while cleaning the chain (without a stand). While moving it forward to clean the next section, I didn't notice that I accidentally knocked the sidestand slightly back. When I bent down to clean the chain, the bike fell on me.

Oh wait... there was a 5th time. I slipped on some grease and lost my footing as I was moving my bike out from my parking spot while straddling it. I tried to let it down gently as I rolled away but the handlebar end pinned my pinky to the ground. After about 10 minutes, a neighbor luckily came by to help lift the bike off my finger...

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    Never dropped my bike. If you're careful, it won't happen.
    Lowsided it once, but fortunately, it was at race school and not on the street.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.