Whats more Important!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats more Important!

Bike
    2003 Honda VFR800

Arrow Whats more Important!

OK...This is what I have been contemplating for a while....

I spend a lot of money on my bike, and I mean ALOT!

First comes the bike...then comes the INSURANCE!...Then comes the MODS.

I find that I actually spend more $$$ on my bike than anything that I have ever owned or ever thought about and i wonder if everyone is the same way ...( I think so )

Every chance i get, I have to go check out what i can do to Improve my bike and it seems endless.

I spend like NO $$$ on my truck or any car i have ever owned and yet, I spend major $$$ on my bike...

Please tell me i have an addiction so i can get help.

Thank You!

My name is Bugs, and i am a Bcsb Addict!

Is this a Bad thing..if so .....PLEASE help!
    Last edited by bugs; 07-16-2002 at 10:53 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    1990 zx-6
    Hey Bugs. At first I spent some money on my car. THen I stopped when I bought the bike. Now I keep pouring money into my bike and accesories. I went to a store last week to buy a passenger helmet. I was looking at the xspeeds cause they were cheap. I walked out with an HJC and new leather pants. Every time I go somewhere with any motorcycle stuff, I always spend lots of time looking. It's not a bad thing. Other people like to spend their money on other things. You like to spend your money on your bike and the likes. It's up to you.

(If I'm totally off on this, then I need help too.)
    Happy Riding to you, until we meet again...

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Hey you're lucky bugs...at least you work in a dealership and can probably get some discounts and cheap work done on your bike.l What about the rest of us!?!

Yes, this is an addiciton. don't you got hrough withdrawl in Novemeber or December when you put your biek away? That's the purest sign of addiction. I've spent so much money on bikes...I'm a university student...so this is all money that I don't even have, which I am spending. I LOVE DEBT!
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    sumfing nekkid
    I haven't washed my car in 3 years.......I've changed the oil once in that time frame. I change the oil on the bike almost monthly....go figure. I'm at the point now that I only care if my car passes aircare and thats it .

As far as my bike goes, I decided to limit myself to a certain amount of money each year for mods and gear. Well I have yet to ever stay within that budget.

As long as I can ride.....thats all that counts. My car can basically rot and I don't think I'd be too heartbroken.
    Ride in peace my friends...

Being a road crayon sucks....put your gear between you and the pavement.

WTD: Hot girls with low morals. Own transportation a plus. Sufferers of yellow fever considered first. PM/email me for details.

Bike
    N/A Supermoto:
    You think you got it bad ... I have a $14,000+ Supermoto (was a dirt bike)and still spending
    look where you want to go even if there's no chance in hell of actually getting there..

Bike
    2001 ZX6R
    Well Bugs, here at "Farhad's Spending & Debt Reduction Services" what we can do for you is, you give us your paycheck, cut your credit cards and we will then pay all your house and basic necessities, and a small allowance for entertainment but the rest goes into secured bonds and mutual funds.....
    2001 ZX6R
    WMRC #32 Amateur

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Originally posted by Human
    Well Bugs, here at "Farhad's Spending & Debt Reduction Services" what we can do for you is, you give us your paycheck, cut your credit cards and we will then pay all your house and basic necessities, and a small allowance for entertainment but the rest goes into secured bonds and mutual funds.....
    Hey, that's sound like what I actually do at work! For someone who works in financial services...you'd think I'd be a little more responsible with my money.

Come to me bugs...don't worry, I'll give you a nice fat allowance for bike spending.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Bike
    2003 Honda VFR800
    Come to me bugs...don't worry, I'll give you a nice fat allowance for bike spending. [/B][/QUOTE]

I can think of many ways to spend money on my bike!

Moderator Array CoolDaddyGroove's Avatar
    Bike
    2014 Kawasaki ZX14R
    Well BUGS, if you think you have it bad consider this. My wife went to L.A. for 2 weeks this past Saturday. Being we are extremely tight, and two weeks is a long time apart, she asked if I woudl take a few days off and come down. I eagerly responded with a resounding YES! I'm leaving tomorrow for four days and she's in training during the days. Why was I so eager to go you ask?

Big, we're talking freakin' huuuuuuuuge motorcycle accessory stores the size of Costco. How will I spend my days?

SHOPPING for MC stuff........leathers, boots, gloves, mod bits, decals, pads, .......... I'm so pumped I can't focus on work. Even got all the driving directions for all teh big shops like Bert's Accessory warehouse etc. The only challenge I have is whether or not I can be patient enough to leave the stuff with her so we don't have to pay duties, or if I'll just have to pack it with me and say I took my gear down with me because I went riding with a buddy.

Even working on a good lie for Canada Customs. Haha.
    DON'T STUFF THE CAGERS!

Bike
    HAMMER OF THE GODS
    THAT'S THE WAY IT GOES, I FIGURE WE'RE ALL SPORTBIKE NUTS AND WE CAN'T LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE. I BUILD CUSTOM SPORTBIKE AND I JUST HAD A CLIENT DROP $9500 US ON HIS TLR.

DON'T WORRY..... JUST ENJOY

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Anyone looked at my truck lately? I'll take a pick of it tonight and YOU can decide where my priorities are.

Or maybe not...... I'll have to decide if it's even worth the bytes and battery electrons.........
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    HAMMER OF THE GODS
    I'VE GOT A CAMARO , PRIMERED, SITING ON BLOCKS IN MY BACK YARD . (HOW CLASSY IS THAT) YOU SHOULD HEAR MY WIFE TEAR A STRIP OFF MY WHEN SHE CATCHES ME WORKING ON A PERFECTLY FINE RC51 AS I'M RESTING MY TOOLS ON MY HEAP CAMARO. OOOOUUUUCCCHHH!!!

SilverHeartz
    I had to get an oil change,tune up, clutch pad replaced, brake pad replaced, muffler replaced or patched, tires changed or fill it with air, go to the dentist and go to the doctors to check out my wrist.... but instead..........

I spent allllllllllll the money I had to get gear and a bike.

I hope that answers your question bugs.

No wollies, be hyappiez

James
    Originally posted by cooldaddygroove
    Well BUGS, if you think you have it bad consider this. My wife went to L.A. for 2 weeks this past Saturday. Being we are extremely tight, and two weeks is a long time apart, she asked if I woudl take a few days off and come down. I eagerly responded with a resounding YES! I'm leaving tomorrow for four days and she's in training during the days. Why was I so eager to go you ask?

Big, we're talking freakin' huuuuuuuuge motorcycle accessory stores the size of Costco. How will I spend my days?

SHOPPING for MC stuff........leathers, boots, gloves, mod bits, decals, pads, .......... I'm so pumped I can't focus on work. Even got all the driving directions for all teh big shops like Bert's Accessory warehouse etc. The only challenge I have is whether or not I can be patient enough to leave the stuff with her so we don't have to pay duties, or if I'll just have to pack it with me and say I took my gear down with me because I went riding with a buddy.

Even working on a good lie for Canada Customs. Haha.
    not that I would know this... but receipts/other proof of purchase of the item are not things you want customs to find if you use that story.....

Geo
    Originally posted by Jay P

not that I would know this... but receipts/other proof of purchase of the item are not things you want customs to find if you use that story.....

Hmmmmm, I hide mine from the significant other, do I fit the profile?