Wild Bike!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wild Bike!

Registered User Array mikeelliot's Avatar
    Fraser Valley

Wild Bike!

Not Sure if this is a Repost or not, but it sure is cool.

American made Moto GP Contender???

Looks very advanced.

Last edited by mikeelliot; 12-07-2004 at 02:42 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

The Mighty One
    Always good to see more competition......but I don't know about contender. I'll believe that when I see it. They've got a lot of R&D catchup to play.

Sweet Meat.....that bike iz stellar!

Registered User Array savagebovine's Avatar
    New Westminster
    '06 GSXR 750
    i think its ugly. But i guess a good looking bike doesnt win you championships. I'd like to see how it fairs on the track.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Fraser Valley
    I concur with Mike. It will also be very interesting to see if they can swing a big name rider, too.
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Registered User Array ReelExterminato's Avatar
    That looks pretty sweet. New technology is always interesting. I don't understand the benefit of the engine design though, seems like the crank is split so that the two halves rotate in opposite directions? How does that reduce gyroscopic forces? They don't cancel, you still have to rotate each half...

Out to pasture in the 'Wack
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    They are breaking a lot of new ground with this one. I suspect there's a street version in the making as well. Why else try to re-invent the wheel and package it in what is undeniably an atractive and very technically interesting package.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Registered User Array overdraft's Avatar
    08 Honda CBR1000rr, 05 Honda CBR600rr, 70 Honda CB350
    Why are bikes always photographed in this 'in ya face' style? There are lots of shots where I can see how well their cnc mill cuts parts, but they're pretty shy about showing us the whole bike without using a fun-house lens and a weird angle... are they not sure that it actually looks good?

Registered User Array NapoleanInRags's Avatar
    2016 Aprilia Shiver 750
    In the Las Vegas video, the bike sounds great.

Pics for those who haven't done a search already:

Some write up as well from another forum:

Last week I was out at PIR during a trackday and came upon an incredible
    prototype racebike that is be developed right here in Portland! A three man team headed by Michael Czysz has plains to bring this bike to production--WHOW...

The bike just bristles with innovative enginering ideas.
    When I first spotted the bike it had the fairing and gas tank off which clearly
    displayed the inline 4 cylinder engine configered like an old Henderson 4 except that it turned out that there are two
    heads mounted at a slight angle (perhaps 10 degrees?) running two seperate cranks counter clockwise to each other--which I assume acts as a counter balancer.

The transmission is underneath the cranks and uses a dry clutch mounted at thefront of the engine. With such a narrow frontal area 2 radiators are being used, one in the front and a secondary unit in the coweling behind the seat.

Unfortunatly I didn't have a camera with me in the mourning but blasted back
    to the house at lunch break and returned only to find the bike fully faired and a discussion going on with a Cycle World reporter, Michael Czysz and Rich Oliver (AMA multi-250cc GP champ). Rich had been out on the track
    on a Motoczysz modified YZF-R1 that was using the Motoczysz front fork which isusing a shock-spring unit mounted between the 2 forks.

The photo's that I'm posting were taking on the sly after everyone had left to
    watch Rich out on the track so I apologize for the poor angles:

Some other features are a carbon fiber frame and swingarm plus much , much

'04 CBR F4i
    looks like if you twitch u'r right ankle the wrong way..."joo is gunna be sorry mang."

The 'Wack
    SV track, VFR road
    Hmmmmm, swingarm pivot and countershaft are in the same place. Is this done on any current MC engine? I'm guessing that would help out with tuning the chassis.

Honda RS 250
    Michael Czysz has had this dream for a long time. He raced OMRRA for years starting on a Aprillia RS 250 and then the RSV. He's very well off and seems like a great guy. Lot's of folks around the world are trying to develop MotoGP prototypes but few have the innovation of Czysz. It will take a lot of funding to make enough ponies to compete but it just takes 1 billionaire or corperation that shares his vision and it can be done.

Best of luck Micheal.
    Last edited by dkr; 12-07-2004 at 10:06 PM.

Registered User Array
    Surrey, BC
    2003 Honda VFR 800A
    There is a complete article on this bike in the latest Cycle World magazine. It looks like a very interesting concept bike. He has apparently used a GSX-R 1000 motor, sawed it in half and turned one pair of cylinders 180 degrees. People that can envision this type of thing and then make it come to life are really fascinating. You certainly need the bucks to even start on such a project but the idea has to come first. Hopefully he will find a sponsor who wants to bank roll the risk.

05 600 rr, 04 600 RR - stolen, 94 ZX-7R -stolen-
    I think this bike is hot, If I had some cash and some skill I would buy one.