to paint or not

Thread: to paint or not

2004 gsxr 750

Lightbulb to paint or not

I am considering changing the color of my rims. I have an 03 gixxer 6 that is blue and white. The rims are white but are a bitch to keep white. I have a sport tech windshield which is translucent blue. I was thinking of powder coating translucent blue. I have seen pics in supersport mag. of some bikes doing translucent powder coating and it looks aweome. If I would paint I would use Endura paint I have had huge success with it. any opinions; powder coat/ paint, color or just leave it alone???

2. Remove Advertisements

it's up to you powder coat is better then paint but if you have had a lot of sucess with it the paint it will be cheaper. it's a good idea my rims are grey and also a pain in the ass to keep clean.

The WET Coast
    01 GSXR 600
    go for it. not only will the bike look nice, it will have a more unique look to it. i know what you mean with the white wheels, my old F2 had white wheels and most of the time the rear looked gray from all the crap on it. my ZX6r has dark gray wheels which save me a lot of headaches
    The biggest problem with motorcycles is the NUT that connects the seat to the handle bars.