Does anyone here own a Buell??
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone here own a Buell??

lightning

Does anyone here own a Buell??

I was wondering what you thought of it. Quality, performance, comfort etc. could you compare it to other bikes you've owned.

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    The Mighty One
    Very few that would admit to it

Sorry, I can't help you, I just couldn't resist. From what I've been told they're loads of fun but not quite even with Jap bikes weighing everything.

Bike
    The Mighty One
    I really hope that they stick it out and keep developing the sport bikes. I have nothing at all against them. Some interesting innovations in their designs.

Bike
    2005 CBR 600RR
    There fun to ride , pull decent wheelies, they have the powerband of a diesel truck about 1500RPM wide

Registered User Array
    Bike
    FZ1

West Koots, I'm here.... Array flyfishinwoman's Avatar
    Bike
    a few toys
    Don't own one, never ridden one, but would like to try one. Unfortunately, Mr. Buell signed a contract with HD (they own 51% of Buell), so has to use their engines. Otherwise, I would think that a kicker engine like a RC51 or SV1000 in the Buell design frame would be an awesome bike. I like the innovative design ideas of the Buells, just not the ancient technology engines.
    Back in BC, yay!!!
    2010 Yamaha Vstar 950
    250 Saga Dual-sport
    AC quad
    BCSB #712
    WMRC #747 (2005)

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Eric Buell signed that contract willingly. He likes the old iron lungs.

The older ones have LOTS of issues but everyone that has one like riding them. Unique was a word that kept coming up. The new ones with the gas in frame are supposed to be more reliable. But I haven't heard much to prove or disprove that fact.

They ARE slow though. A 600 will eat them for breaky and spit out the pits. There's a couple at Mission and I regularly pass them with my old early 90's Honda 600. And I'm not even that fast. However none of that means doody if you want a bike that's FUN to ride and measure "fun" in units other than kph or seconds at a drag strip.
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Two years ago a National Level Pro rider showed up at Mission and was flying around in the Open Twins race. Can't remember his name but the guy was one of the top Buell racers in Canada and it showed. As with most things in life you get what you put into it. I think that with a little work (well...lots in this case) a Buell can be made to run a lot faster. Would also need a shed load of cash too!

And I'm not a HD fan at all!!!
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

Registered User Array
    Bike
    SV650
    I sat at a red light once with a fellow riding a Buell, and it was funny sitting there watching him and the bike shake like crazy. It seems the fenders were going to vibrate off the frame. Must be nice, after a tiring day at work... sorta like a full body siatsu.

Crabalocker
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfizzer
    I sat at a red light once with a fellow riding a Buell, and it was funny sitting there watching him and the bike shake like crazy. It seems the fenders were going to vibrate off the frame. Must be nice, after a tiring day at work... sorta like a full body siatsu.
    Ya, i sat at a red beside a broad with an 883 and i was looking at the front wheel as the bike idled and i tell ya, i couldn't believe bolts weren't falling off the bike right then and there.

Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Quote Originally Posted by lilfizzer
    Or you could duct tap your Willy to the tank, rev 'er up, and enjoy.......
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

langley, no wait white rock, no wait........
    Bike
    '01 R1
    mt buddy has a 97 s1 white lightning all upgraded, when it idles the front end jumps off the ground, he let me ride it once.... around the parking lot....whoa....pretty cool... if i had more money id buy and older one like that, its cool to watch everyone stare as he flies by 'what the hell was that?!?!'
    !!! SQUID LIFE !!!
    TORPEDO WHEELIE MASTA

the drunkest 1/3 of LSD
    bad influence

R.I.P. DIRTY DAN THE 2-6 STEALING MAN

Bike
    04 Kawi Z1000,
    Quote Originally Posted by NFG
    Or you could duct tap your Willy to the tank, rev 'er up, and enjoy.......
    Well, aren't WE in a "mood" tonight....
    A backyard mechanic without a service manual is just like a hooker without a lamp pole.... they are both in the dark.

Bike
    98 TLR, B&D Weedeater

Buell

I had a 96 S1. Loved it! I was actually working on a front full fairing from Airtech but never finished, I still have the unfinished fairing if anyone is looking for a full fairing for a 96-98 s1.

A great bike, easy to do mods. But keep in mind, its old air cooled push rod technology. Lots of grunt and torque, but crap on the horsepower compared to the import bikes now. Only thing that comes close to it in sounds is a Ducati or a TLR.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTee
    Well, aren't WE in a "mood" tonight....
    "I'm in the mood for love! Simply because you're near me!"

Rev' it baby! Rev' it!

(Hi Bruce.)
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing