Our Volunteers are #1..again ;-)

Thread: Our Volunteers are #1..again ;-)

Bike
    2011 VStrom 650, 1983 KZ750, 2006 WR450, and any racebike I can get my hands on!!

Our Volunteers are #1..AGAIN!!!!

As some but not all of you may know, our super WMRC volunteer Deb has been awarded the first annual passing of the Ken Hoshowski Award (Auger to us here). It's one of the highest awards the club now gives out, and it's to the member who exhibits the highest degree of selfless contibution to racing and racing safety in British Columbia. Generally a non-racing member, who shows a totally selfless commitment and dedication to the sport we hold dear.
    Congrats Deb, everyone's number 1 choice.
    Debbie would be the first to say that it's in part to the excellent crew she commands at the track.
    Proof sometimes comes by other sources!
    A very select group of the current WMRC marshalls, under the direction of Deb and a few other top WMRC volunteers, have been asked (actually received a personnal request to attend) to marshall at the sold-out event at Laguna Seca WSB this summer. Think of the volume of people they have available to them, and realise that we are lucky to have some great experienece at our own doorstep. It's realised elsewhere!
    congrats
    and thanks
    Bernie
    Last edited by C-YA; 12-22-2004 at 10:48 AM.
    chicken strips are a sign of intelligence
    unless you're at the track ;)

https://secure.bcchf.ca/SuperheroPag...FD&Member=2483
    http://daytonaparty.shawwebspace.ca/
    DO IT!

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    congrats debbie!
    no

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Wow, that great for Deb. Congrats.
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

AKA Newfie Girl Array Newfie Girl's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda street
    Deb rocks!! I blame her for this bug.

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    Yay Deb!!
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    Thank-you very much, I'm blushing. Oh wait, that's fever. (Damn getting sick at Christmas).
    As Joseph, our pre-grid guy, is fond of saying: WMRC has long been known for their dedicaton to excellence in marshalling. Long before I was on the scene. I am merely carrying out a proud tradition.
    To receive Ken's award is an honour almost without words. I rode with Ken (Auger) for the better part of 15 years and always enjoyed his company. He would be silent most of the time, then out of the blue come up with something that had you spitting out your milk and falling our of your chair laughing. Ken exemplified what marshalling should be. He was always looking for ways to improve safety, of both the racers and staff. When we lost Ken, racing lost a huge advocate. He will forever be missed.

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Quote Originally Posted by Harps
    Wow, that great for Deb. Congrats.
    I second, third and fourth that!. Deb is so devoted to the race it couldn't have gone to a more suitable person.