Christmas Movies/Specials
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Movies/Specials

Crabalocker

Christmas Movies/Specials

Which one(s) do you like best?

My favorite by far is A Christmas Story, as seen in my avatar. There are so fucken many worth mentioning, but that's the best for me.

The one program that i haven't seen in the past 2 or 3 years is Mickey's Christmas Carol. It's a damn shame too, coz i love that fucken show. To attempt to make up for it, i bought Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas (the CGI one) last week and i really like it. It really doesn't measure up to the coolness of seeing that big oaf of a Christmas ghost pick Scrooge up from his bed and turn a street lamp into a cool maglite as he peeks into naked ladies' houses.

The 1951 version of SCROOGE with Alastair Sim is on tonight on CBC. It's definitely worth watching if you're into Christmas movies at all.

Anyone else have any movies/shows they'd recommend for us to watch while we get fucken ripped and bloated off rum n' nog?

AKA Newfie Girl Array Newfie Girl's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda street
    It's not Christmas without "The Grinch", and not the Jim Carrey version either.

Crabalocker
    "Ho, ho.....HO"

Metalcat
    A Sean Connory bond
    Last edited by Metalcat; 12-22-2004 at 06:51 PM.

Registered User Array
    Bike
    03 SV650S/DR350E
    "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart
    RIP Julia, our shining light

Bike
    2002 SV650S Ghost
    Tim Burton's: A Nightmare Before Christmas

That's for Halloween AND Christmas. The only time I ever watch it.

The Comedy is in the Back Array Saturnin's Avatar
    Bike
    bro, do you even ride in a straight line? #1 asshole
    reindeer games or whatever that atrocity was called
    Throttle Trauma 3 - Stunt riding documentary - digital download - visit Asphaltjunkiez.com
    The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.

Bike
    A couple of Suzukis
    Definately the animated Grinch...I only caught the last ten minutes of it a couple weeks ago on the CBC. The Alastair Sim version of Scrooge is good, as is the George C Scott(?) version of A Christmas Carol.

You can't go wrong with A Christmas Story (did you know that was what inspired the show 'Wonder Years'?) and It's a Wonderful Life. I always like watching Home Alone around christmas also.

This is probably gonna sound wierd, but my sister and I have a favourite christmas special that probably most of you have never seen. It's called The Kid Who Loved Christmas...about a little orphaned black kid that wants to spend christmas with his adoptive father who is a jazz musician. We watche dit every year growing up...and I taped it two christmases ago when I noticed it was on again. But I can't find the tape now. It's not one of those ones that's on all the time.

Oh yeah, and ELF! I fuckin love that movie...I know it's pretty new, so maybe not considred a 'classic' just yet. But it has to be one of the funniest movies I've seen in years (christmas themed or not).
    Maybe Mediocre
    BCSB - I hate you

Registered User Array kamen rider's Avatar
    Bike
    Honda
    There's going to be a huge marathon on WTBS of A Christmas Story on repeat starting from 5pm to 3am on Christmas Eve... and again from 5am to 5pm on Christmas Day.

There's no excuse not to watch one of the best Christmas movies now!

I would like to add Edward Scissorhands and Bad Santa to that list of classics.

And is that Christmas Log considered a classic too?

You like popsicles? Array Hogie's Avatar
    Bike
    huh?
    whatever that one is with the little elf who masterbates a lot and rudolph.

Bike
    750, 600, 400
    A Christmas Story is the only must watch movie for me.

Bike
    '07 BMW K1200R
    Alistair Sim's "Scrooge"
    "Home Alone"
    "A Wish For Wings That Work." A Berkely Breathed cartoon featuring Opus the penguin from Bloom County. Priceless, but now that Bloom County isn't in the papers anymore, they don't show it.

The all time best: "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. Who can beat the scene at the homeless shelter when he does the Richard Burton impression?
    What was it all about?

Bike
    2014 FZ-09
    National Lampoons Xmas, Chevy Chase is awesome!

Church doors are always open to whoever wants to enter, but they're only open to those who are willing to be sheep. The service of God is really service to those self-proclaimed holy men who hold the franchise. Accumulating material grandeur is the goal, not the improvement of the people's lives. Independent thought is discouraged. Raising the individual up is not part of the plan; keeping the flock docile, distracted, and deluded is what it's all about.
    -Joshua Armstrong

builder of bikes Array cosworth's Avatar
    Bike
    bah
    Die Hard I and II

Registered User Array SpideRider's Avatar
    Bike
    @ cos' reply.

For me, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animated) is the only one that really puts me in the Christmas mood. Does anyone know if that flick is on DVD or something? Otherwise, anyone have a sked for when it would be playing on the tube next?
    Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battlefield
    -----
    Sparring speed is a matter of simple physics:
    The height of your flight is inversely proportionate to the mass of your ass.