2005 WMRC Rules changes!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2005 WMRC Rules changes!

WMRC Past Prez three time Array NFG's Avatar
    Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....

2005 WMRC Rules changes!

Just a heads up that a few rules will be changing for next year. Our Rules Committee has sat down and hammered out a few intresting changes that will be included in our 2005 Rules Book. You will get your copy as soon as they are ready. (Bike Show I hope!)

A little tease. Only Pro racers will be running Black numbers. All others will be Red. The number size, back ground and location will be strictly enforced.
    Last edited by NFG; 01-09-2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

"I guarantee that it will start, and I guarantee that it
    will blow up. I cannot guarantee the time between those two events."

"....those who go for broke often get there...."

"Buy in Haste, Repent at Leisure."

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

Addicted to two wheels Array rscudiver's Avatar
    Bike
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    Stefan.....stop teasing. What will novice be running? Are we talking same rule as in CMA motocross. Red/ White..... Yellow/ Black and black/ White?
    Last edited by rscudiver; 01-09-2005 at 02:34 PM.

Bike
    Yamaha RD350LC Race Bike (Sold!)/ Yamaha XS1100 /YSR 50 Street and Race / Two 50cc Pocket Bikes / Honda Z50/ Yamaha BWS 50 (Sold!) /Yamaha MX100/ Yamaha YZ250/ Husqvarna 430 / a few projects in parts....
    Novice will be Red numbers on White background. New racers will have to have a BIG "X" on their helmets so all other racers can avoid them! They need to run this BIG "X" for a few races untill eveyone gets to know them and their skill level improves.

I know a few Experts and Pro's that should be wearing an even BIGGER "X" !
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

Bike
    R1 race, SV650 race, KTM690SMC street/race
    So all classes and all racers who are not racing for money (aka Pro) will have red numbers with white background?

Bike
    The reason this is being done is to bring us in line with the other clubs that our members also race with (no flipping of Numbers). It also will seperate the riders in our Classes (like Pro and Am 600 that run at the same time) for scoring and the fans. All good I say.

Though I run a Red and White bike so it's all about style for me. Now I can have Numbers that look good on my ride! Ha! Ha! Ha! Have you seen my ugly.........
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by racer62
    So all classes and all racers who are not racing for money (aka Pro) will have red numbers with white background?
    Not so! You can be a Pro in the Trophy Classes as well. Superbike was not a Cash Class last year and yet there were Pro's in it. Same with F2.

I'm starting to think this is going to confuse a few people. I'll think about this for awhile and get back to you all and try to explain it a little better. There are a few Classes that Graduated "Pro" status is available. Dig out last years Rules Book and see if you can figure this out before I do.
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

Bike
    Straight out of the 2004 Rules Book.

Chapter 3 – Classification Of Riders

3.4 The Professional rider classification refers to riders with a high level of skill and experience. To advance from Amateur to Professional status, an Amateur must finish in the top three places of a season’s class championship standings. All riders will be evaluated for status advancement at the end of each season and only under special circumstances will a rider be advanced in mid-season.
    3.5 Any rider who does not meet the preceding advancement requirements but wishes to be upgraded from Amateur to Professional status may apply to the WMRC executive and present his/her case to be judged on its own merit. As well, any rider slated for mandatory advancement may protest this change in license status by presenting evidence showing why he/she should remain at his/her current rider classification.
    3.6 Every inquiry regarding a change in rider license classification will be reviewed individually and without prejudice by the WMRC Status Committee.

Any questions?
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

Bike
    09'R1
    Thanks Stefan for telling me now, my farings have no paint on them. But I have ideas as to how I'm going to go about placing the numbers so that new rule book will be an important thing to have. Obviously the numbering rules were not too strictly enforced last year, but this year is new, so i guess it would be good to know just how picky they'll be.

Same goes for catch cans - the rules state you need a big frikken catch can but not everyone runs with one. What's the deal there?
    Last edited by F4eyes; 01-09-2005 at 04:03 PM.
    What you do speaks so loudly, I can't hear what you say.

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    they hide nicely in your tail section
    no

Bike
    F4eyes said "Same goes for catch cans - the rules state you need a big frikken catch can but not everyone runs with one. What's the deal there?'

Expect strictly inforced rules for everything and avoid disipontment at Tech. A few "bad apples" have forced the Club to clamp down on everyone. My advise to all WMRC Racers is to Download a copy of the Rules Book from 2004. Read it! Do it! Live it! Then when the new book comes out for 2005 do the same. Taking special note of all rules that pertain to you and the Classes you race in. The rules are there to level the playing field for everyone. It is to promote good and fair racing.

Now I know this sounds like a Nazi type post but it is the way things have to be run. Protests will start happening soon as racers now have more to loose. Sponsers are now stepping up and will want a return for their involvment. The WMRC is growing fast. What was once a small club has reached a point of transition. I say, "Hold on boys and Girls this is getting good". This year is going to see full grids in every Class. More money will be spent than ever before. At last we a seeing a Club that is as profesional as we were in the haydays of our Club. And it is all thanks to you. the members! Well done!
    Stefan Medlicott
    NFG Racing

Bike
    06' gsxr 1000 race
    Red duct tape here i come.

Bike
    2000 Honda RC51, 2010 Husaberg 450FE 2015 Kayo MiniGP
    more to loose? WTF?
    Náisiúnaithe na hÉireann.

jcathie
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsquid
    more to loose? WTF?
    Don't you worry Ted. Trophy classes will just have less cheesy trophies with all the extra bucks pouring in.

Team Mspeed Performance Array rob270's Avatar
    Bike
    2002 GSXR1000, 2001 GSXR 600 race bike, 03 CRF450 X-traineer
    Quote Originally Posted by NFG
    The reason this is being done is to bring us in line with the other clubs that our members also race with
    Excuse me?

Whom are you talking about? The few Pros that go to Calgary? This totally screws us that race locally, Seattle, Portland etc...

This is a ridiculous, one-sided decision. Who the hell paid off the executive for this rule change? I guess I'll bring out the Mickey Mouse Duct tape while racing locally....
    WMRC #270

Bike
    Canon 1ds3 1d4
    how does it screw us?
    standardization is a good thing sometimes
    no