Great to see that the usual suspects have already indicated their commitment. I have already started to solicit prizes. Here is how I propose we do it this year:
1. Those of us who are going to shave their lids (The Shavers), need to get the pledge form from the Balding for Dollars site: linky(pdf file), and start raising the money from friends, family, work mates, neighbours, ... you get the idea! Unlike last year, this year the prizes will be only for The Shavers, a kind of an incentive for people to go that extra mile. If I can organise some big prizes then perhaps the shaver with the biggest amount raised can take that big prize (something tells me that actionmechanic might have a head start here).
2. If you do not want to shave your head, but still want to contribute, then sponsor one of The Shavers (list below). If you give $25 or more, I will make sure you get a special t-shirt. However the deadline for making your pledge will be March 31st - this gives me enough time to get the t-shirts done.
3. Oh yes, we will also have a ride (either before or after the event: weather dependent). Last year the organisers, kids, and others greatly appreciated and admired the large of row of shiny bikes present.
The Shavers (so far...)
Prize List (so far... a big thanks to all)
5thgear (2 prizes):
- zipped hoodie
- leather gloves (link
- oil and filter change, and suspension setup for your bikeBurnaby Kawasaki (3 prizes):
- oil and filter change Regards,
- free tire install (front and back)
- buy 1, get one free front brake pad set, install free