BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Do you wave?

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Sam_P 
G
#1 ·
i remember reading a thread about how motorcyclists werent too pleased with harley riders because the harley riders didnt wave back, but what about ppl who ride scooters?

yesterday i was in zippin' around richmond on a 50cc honda metro scooter. there were a few riders (a guy on a blue yammie and yellow/black gixxer) who waved at me. coolness. if you were them, that was nice ;0)

of course, there were more ppl who DIDNT wave, but i just wanted to know what your position is when it comes to waving. sure, 50cc scooters arent motorcycles, but they're super fun. i'm quite confident that ppl who ride scooters are slowly getting themselves into motorcycles.

#3 ·
Any person that is willing to place their lives in the hands of an under powered two wheel has my respect:D .....I wave:thumbup

#5 ·
You are right, scooters are NOT motorcycles. They also take a lot less skill to ride.

But scooters are on two wheels and they are exposing themselves to similar dangers as motorcyclists, so I always wave. It is funny though, becuase they almost NEVER wave back. :)

#7 ·
I'll wave at Unicycles! I saw this guy on a 10 foot high unicycle trudging along the sidewalk on commercial drive a couple weeks back. Not even joking - 10 feet up in the air. Anybody else see this guy???

Has anybody hopped onto a scooter from riding a motorcycle? Instinctively, I grabbed for the clutch evertime I wanted to slow down. Back wheel locking up everytime =) that automatic clutch takes a little getting use to as well.

#8 ·
i've always wonder about riding a scooter. How are the controls? L lever back brake? R lever front brake? twist gas?

I'd totally like to roll into pacific yamaha on my gixxer and start asking about their scooters, see how they react... maybe i'd might be able to get a test ride out of it...

.. and yes i wave at scooters and harley. i get a better response from harleys, though

G
#9 ·
i think a lot of scooter riders dont know about waving at other bipedal motorists...

hell, i ride a motorcycle and i never knew about the waving thing until i hopped on this website. but now that i do know about it, i wave at all who are on two wheels and need to pay gas ;0)

#10 ·
My brothers and I used to go and rent scooters down in Birch Bay (near the waterslides) and take them off roading though the Birch Bay Campgrounds. :)

The controls on scooters are as you suspected rockshoxbiker, and for such gutless beasts they can be a lot of fun.

#11 ·
atomlowe said:
Any person that is willing to place their lives in the hands of an under powered two wheel has my respect:D .....I wave:thumbup
I agree, anyone out there on two wheels deserves respect. Do the right thing, wave!

#15 ·
Haphazard said:
i remember reading a thread about how motorcyclists werent too pleased with harley riders because the harley riders didnt wave back, but what about ppl who ride scooters?

yesterday i was in zippin' around richmond on a 50cc honda metro scooter. there were a few riders (a guy on a blue yammie and yellow/black gixxer) who waved at me. coolness. if you were them, that was nice ;0)

of course, there were more ppl who DIDNT wave, but i just wanted to know what your position is when it comes to waving. sure, 50cc scooters arent motorcycles, but they're super fun. i'm quite confident that ppl who ride scooters are slowly getting themselves into motorcycles.
I posted the previous thread and you took it the wrong way. The reason for that post was to help us sportbikers understand why Harley riders don't way. I was NOT expressing displeasure. The quote was written from a sportbiker.

For the record I don't really wave at anyone anymore unless I personally know them... Motorcycling for me is a solo sport... I ride for me and not others. Im not trying to be a snob.. I just feel its a hassle to wave when I don't feel the need to.

G
#16 ·
Sewman said:
I'll wave at Unicycles! I saw this guy on a 10 foot high unicycle trudging along the sidewalk on commercial drive a couple weeks back. Not even joking - 10 feet up in the air. Anybody else see this guy???

Has anybody hopped onto a scooter from riding a motorcycle? Instinctively, I grabbed for the clutch evertime I wanted to slow down. Back wheel locking up everytime =) that automatic clutch takes a little getting use to as well.
The person you saw might have been Kris Holms. He's a pro unicycle/ Trials rider. Was he wearing Norco sponsorship clothing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.