How do I calculate value?

Thread: How do I calculate value?

Bike
    07...Think it's blue

How do I calculate value?

Im just mulling over the Idea of selling my bike and trading up on the double RR. I GOT NEW BIKE FEVOR! Ive look for examples but NONE AND I MEAN NONE of any simular bikes Ive seen advertised had stated what the KM's were at. Ive got an idea what I want for $ but dont want it to seem unreasonable....biased maybe? MUAHAHA

Mine:
    02'CBR F4i
    All stock cept for windscreen (black) smoke whatever.....
    All receipts for oil/maintainance/service
    sitting @ 18433 Km's

I want to sell private if Im too sell it. I think Id get more $$ back outta the bike this way. Any suggestions on a price? anyone?
    Deer and rabbits are truly ICBC'S CREATURES. *shakes fist*
    It's not half as fun hating people as it as making them hate you........
    I used to TROLL, now I just FISH >}}}`>

2. Remove Advertisements
    BCSportBikes.com
    Advertisements

cbvroom
    Hmm im feeling generous i'll take it off your hands for $2500.. no problem, thank me later

Seriously though probably about 3 times that much give or take. Are you the first owner?
    Last edited by cbvroom; 01-30-2005 at 01:36 PM.

He is a Ninja...What!? Array tekwrekkid's Avatar
    Bike
    05 636
    It's not a bad decision to trade it in either. This is because of the savings on Tax. Say your new bike is 11,000 and you trade in our old one for 6000, you pay a taxable difference of 5000. So you save (11000*0.14 - 5000*0.14) = $840.

Something to consider at least.

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    I would take about 35~40% of the original MSRP.

2005 - $11,399 MSRP

so...2002 - $6840 ~ $7410

I did a lot of figuring before I traded my bike in on my new one. It worked out much better to trade.

I got $5500 for my 03 SV650S and paid $7500 for my 03 Z1000. After taxes, the differencewas $2400. To get the same deal selling it private, I would have had to get $6500. Definately worth it to trade, but don't get caught up in the amount that they give you for you bike, just be worried about the difference.

Dealers have a black book for bikes, so ask to see the retail and wholesale price of your bike.
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge

Bike
    07...Think it's blue
    As said mulling over the idea is all..... Its a toss up, its paid for.... And if I get anouther bike (and me keeps this one mu precious) Im in da hole for whatever I decide on. After more carefull consideration, Ive got a new bike un-mod'd as'of'yet, maybe, Id be better off picking up a 96' ZX6R and playing with that...... decisions decisions..... We'll see how the spring goes. Ill eventually have two, why not start now?

Thx for the help! appreciated much!
    Deer and rabbits are truly ICBC'S CREATURES. *shakes fist*
    It's not half as fun hating people as it as making them hate you........
    I used to TROLL, now I just FISH >}}}`>

Bike
    2007 BMW G650X-Challenge
    I would honestly stick with the F4i if I was you. One of the best all-around bikes out there I think.

If we had a local track, I would say get a track bike.

I want a Honda ST1300 (Pan European) one day for my second bike. Then I can ride to Florida. I can have a hooligan bike and a touring bike.

Last edited by Bora20; 01-30-2005 at 06:37 PM.
    Dan
    2007 BMW G650X Challenge